Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, our local Veterans hospital is looking for over the shoulder heart monitor bags and eyeglass cases. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for these? Knitted, crocheted or sewn I can do all. They have a need for these items and I just need the patterns. I have plenty of material that was given to me and my stash of yarn can accomodate me making quite a few items for our local Vets. The Day Stay uint is in need of the eyeglass cases and I was also told of the need for the heart monitor bags. I had gone down to the Volunteer services center at my local Veterans Hospital while my brother had and appointment because I was going to make some Lap ghans for the vets and wanted to know how to donate such items and was told of the need for the monitor bags and eyeglass cases. Any help in finding the patterns will be greatly apperciated.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
If you go to Ravelry and put in "glasses case" in the pattern search, there are quite a number. Add an icord strap long enough to go over one shoulder.
For the heart monitor bags, you may just need to adapt to the dimensions of the monitors (I have no idea what size they are).

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the links I will be checking them out. I am excited to be doing this. Oh and if anyone is interested in helping their local Veteran's Hospital just go to the volunteer services department there and inquire about their needs. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If you have wool that would felt that would make great heart monitor bags because the finished fabric would be sturdy enough to support the monitor and the thickness would pad the monitor so hard edges won't cause bruises if bumped. A strap long enough to be worn cross body would be perfect.
I've had to wear a heart monitor on several occasions and just used a shoulder bag (purse) to tote it around.

Thanks for posting. this might be a good January project to take on.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input JuneS, could you give me the demensions of your monitor? I am thinking 8 to 10 inches the bags they showed me were bigger than a shoulder purse but they did say they wanted longer neck straps. I have never done felting before and the cost of getting into that now would be too much for my budget. I am doing this in memory of my late Hubby. It won't be a problem to make them I just need to get the demensions correct and they didn't give me any. If all else fails I will take a tape measure and go out to the hosp and take measurements. I am going to sew some as well my mom gave me all her quilting supplies so I have lots of material to work with.

JuneS said:
If you have wool that would felt that would make great heart monitor bags because the finished fabric would be sturdy enough to support the monitor and the thickness would pad the monitor so hard edges won't cause bruises if bumped. A strap long enough to be worn cross body would be perfect.
I've had to wear a heart monitor on several occasions and just used a shoulder bag (purse) to tote it around.

Thanks for posting. this might be a good January project to take on.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have worn a heart monitor on a couple of occasions, but don't own one. But I do work at a hospital and will call the cardiology manager and see if he can give me the measurements (I'm sure he will, Greg is super nice). And if he can't help I'll call my cardiologist and ask there. I'll post as soon as I have something that we can work with. There are 24 hour monitors and 30 day event monitors and I'll ask for sizes for both.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks JuneS, that will be quite helpful, I had forgotten to as my PCM about it last Thursday. If all else fails maybe the Volunteer services and ask one of the ladies that brings in their donations can get me a pattern. Since I don't know who they are that is my only other option. But I do apperciate all the assistance I can get on the patterns for making them. Sewing one is easy and I have a bag I can go by for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom