Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is robyn, and i am allowed to live with 5 cats and an eyeless pekingese. i live in hayward, ca, and work in fremont, ca.
i started tying knots in yarn, which my grandma said was the best crocheting she ever did see (grandmas are wonderful that way). i began crocheting and knitting in earnest when my mom needed to find something for a rambunctious kindergartener to do instead of winding up being brought to her work place by shore patrol.
i quit for quite a few years because some "well-meaning" righties belittled my work, and one even began ripping out my work -- this happened when i was back in the states.
i picked up the craft about 3 years ago, and have been having fun making things, and telling old biddies where to stick their needles when they told me i was doing it wrong.
i'm really getting into entrelac, and am thinking of taking up spinning!
thanks,
robyn & zoo

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome and Howdy from Texas
I am so sorry those old biddies were mean to you. I taught my best friend how to knit over the phone because she was left handed.

Sometimes us old crows get stuck in our ways and we get it in our heads that we know it all. However, we don't.
We all need to remember that this is a God Given gift to share with others.
Love, Wanda/Queenmawmaw

·
Registered
212 Posts
My oldest niece is a southpaw and one of these days i'm going to figure out a way to teach her... I'm a righty, but my mother is lefty so somehow there IS a way to teach someone of the opposite hand..lol :)
and aww... Eyeless puppy! I'd say poor thing, but guessing puppy may not realize she's special. I'm owned by 3 cats, one of which is not only diabetic (at 8!) but also deaf... She doenst realize it and of course is our loud mouth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know if it will work for knitting but I taught my lefty friend to crochet by simply sitting across from her.She did a mirror motion of my movements.she is very accomplished at making all sorts of things now.Give it a whirl,good luck,mimijudy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom