Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love trying new stitches when making scarves and blankets. But they are also very handy when making a sweater. Here is a very good page filled with stitches to give you ideas for any project.
I am looking for a nice simple one for a vest I want to make for me (finally).
They give you the pattern and also tell you the repeat amounts so you can use it for anything.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/stitches.php

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no end to the possibilities. I am making a vest that was originally made with crochet, I just am using the schematic.
I am making it almost seamless but I do not want crochet, so I found a stitch that I like that I found when I made a washcloth and it is turning out great.
What I like about these it that it tells you how to figure with the numbers like multiples of 4 plus one etc.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrscp1946 said:
Thanks. very useful I like making things from my own designs so look for unusual stitch patterns.
I have a complete book of stitches but lost it in the move.
Making your own lets you have something you know no one else has.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thanks for the great site!!! Just like my sister knitters, I love trying other stitches. Problem is, I have more than enough dish cloths. Maybe I'll put them together to make a blanket for my bed. Sounds good anyway.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
judystar said:
Thanks for the great site!!! Just like my sister knitters, I love trying other stitches. Problem is, I have more than enough dish cloths. Maybe I'll put them together to make a blanket for my bed. Sounds good anyway.
I am not saying you need to make a discloth from them, you use these different stitches to make anything you like, scarves sweaters blankets etc.
I just happened to have made a dishcloth out of a pattern that looks great as my vest.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I apologize. Did not mean to imply anything. It's just that I love make dish cloths. They are simple to make and quick to finish. They are perfect for my short attention span. Thanks again for the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom