Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received 2 bundles of Patons Lace yarn and was wondering if it could be used to knit socks? It seems to be thinner than sock yarn and is made up of 80% Acrylic, 10% Mohair and 10% Wool. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I bought the same on the classifides here. I didn't realize it at the time until the yarn came. The band was in Asian character writing so that wasn't a help. So I wound two balls together or you could use two strands. It worked beautifully for my socks. Be sure to do a guage swatch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jmai5421 said:
I bought the same on the classifides here. I didn't realize it at the time until the yarn came. The band was in Asian character writing so that wasn't a help. So I wound two balls together or you could use two strands. It worked beautifully for my socks. Be sure to do a guage swatch.
Thanks - will try that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am making a very simple garter stitch triangle shawl with an occasional row of YO, k2tog lace work.....and its looking really terrific.

karen still with broken knee and ankle mending since Labor Day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom