Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting this pattern at the moment http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?PID=4298
I have managed to make the adjustments necessary to allow me to complete the shoulders as three needle bind off and have knitted the first part off the button bands to rib end as part off each front. Me thinks I am doing real good lol.
My question is could I knit this pattern repeat in the round for the sleeves. The patterns consists off four rows as follows:
1st row. With MC, purl.
2nd row. With A, K1, *Sl1P. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
3rd row. As 2nd row.
4th row. With MC, knit.
Thank you as always.

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
I believe you could knit this in the round. I think you do not need the first stitch as that is what was allowed for sewing up. I would do rows 2 and 3 SL1P K1 around.

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
I have not seen the pattern but the first thing that comes to mind is how are you going to do the increases? If it is long sleeved, you would have to keep a marker where the seam would be and increase each side of it. I have done sleeves both ways, ie. in the round and in sewing them up later.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Row 1 (ws) has to be changed to knit
Row 2: Sl 1P, k1
Row 3: (ws) Sl 1K, p1
Row 4: knit

Since you are knitting in round the reading of the instruction will be one way, wrong side purl will become knit (as seen in the right side).

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
great question... and I agree... you need to knit ALL your stitches... so just so I am reading the stitch right is that .... Sl1p slip 1 purlwise? I think you would have to play with this to get it to look the same as the body of the sweater and see if you do indeed need to alternate a slip 1 purl wise and knit wise on the next row.. or all knit wise or as the pattern suggests.. both purlwise.. just play with it ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom