Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies, I was hoping someone may be able to suggest a free pattern for a top down sweater, something simple would be best as we are novices at this whole thing, my best freind and I have been pouring over the net now for hours and still can't find anything so I told her my buddies on KP are sure to know, don't let me down now girls/guys

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Are you signed up with Ravelry? It's free and there are tons and tons of all sorts of patterns, some free, some not, but if you do a search for "top down sweater" or "top down cardigan", you should find something.
Go to http://www.ravelry.com
Yvette

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Jenwild said:
Hi Ladies, I was hoping someone may be able to suggest a free pattern for a top down sweater, something simple would be best as we are novices at this whole thing, my best freind and I have been pouring over the net now for hours and still can't find anything so I told her my buddies on KP are sure to know, don't let me down now girls/guys
You may want to try c2knit.com They have many good ideas. I made the Zoe Cardigan. It was fast, fun and petty easy. The fit on it really works. Happy knitting Linda

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's one I found. I've tried both types for increases at the sleeves in the raglan ... yarn overs (which makes holes along the raglan) and k1p1 in the stitches that make up the raglan. Lion Brand has the yarn over style among their patterns. Attached is the other pattern I recently found that uses the k1p1 increases. I've frogged my yarnover sweater twice as I just didn't like the big holes along the raglan. I hope you find this useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Smargit said:
Here's one I found. I've tried both types for increases at the sleeves in the raglan ... yarn overs (which makes holes along the raglan) and k1p1 in the stitches that make up the raglan. Lion Brand has the yarn over style among their patterns. Attached is the other pattern I recently found that uses the k1p1 increases. I've frogged my yarnover sweater twice as I just didn't like the big holes along the raglan. I hope you find this useful.
thank you for this... I might try a small size just to get my feet wet. You can always find a friend (aka victim) to take it. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom