Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making my first sweater that you have to make sleeves. I have a problem I don't know what this means.
Keeping with pattern inc 1 st at each end of the next of every foll 6th row. Does that mean at each 6 th row in the 8 of the pattern. Or after 6 row whichever row it lands on make new stitch. I am understanding it as every 12345 6 row increase and then 78. If I do it another way it will be on a different row very time

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I frogged back to the beginning I made the first 8 rows of the pattern. Then it says
From 1 to 8 pattern set
Keeping continuity of patt (throughout) inc 1 st at each end of next and every foll row. So do I make row 1 the increase now or work to row 6 and make the first increase

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Hmmmmm, now you are changing the pattern to increasing every row..... I'm confused. Do you have a source for the pattern or a link? You have written two entirely different sets of directions..... so I really can't advise.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 2nd one I wrote is exactly from the pattern. I think you are tight that I make the first increase at the first flrow of he pattern then the 7th. I read it like 50 times and understood it diff each time until you said that to me and I think what you wrote is what I need to do

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
inc 1 st at each end of the next then every foll 6th row.

Example if you are starting the increases at Row 1 of the pattern sequence.
Row 1-increase first and last stitch
Row 2
Row 3
Row 4
Row 5
Row 6
Row 7-increase first and last stitch
Row 8
Row 1
Row 2
Row 3
Row 4
Row 5-increase first and last stitch
Row 6
Row 7
Row 8
Row 1
Row 2
Row 3-increase first and last stitch

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help. You have been very patient. I would like to post a pic and pins out why the stitch before a purl row looks funny but I need to be on my laptop so I will make it under a new topic called why does this happen in a few minutes so I can change the topic. Can you look for it please. Thanks

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Jmklous said:
I am making my first sweater that you have to make sleeves. I have a problem I don't know what this means.
Keeping with pattern inc 1 st at each end of the next of every foll 6th row. Does that mean at each 6 th row in the 8 of the pattern. Or after 6 row whichever row it lands on make new stitch. I am understanding it as every 12345 6 row increase and then 78. If I do it another way it will be on a different row very time
After the first increase, which is on the NEXT row, (the one you are about to do and probably with right side facing) you start counting from 1 again so your increases will always be on the 6th row from the last one.
AT THE SAME TIME, you will still work the pattern to its own count.
You will need to include the new stitches into the pattern so your rows will start an finish differently.
Depends on the pattern stitch how you will do this.
Maybe you can post a link to the pattern.
Hope this helps.
Have fun.
Colleen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom