Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knitting a long-sleeved sweater for the first time and need some help. I'm on the sweater back and followed the directions up through
The Left Shoulder and Neck Shaping (see attached directions).
Question - I bound off the last 4 stitches, now do I cut the yarn to go over to finish the right shoulder and neck? I know I'll go "duhh!" once someone explains it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't use a holder. I'm knitting with circular needles and have the right shoulder stitches held on there. Now do I just cut the yarn where I bound off the left shoulder and then start the right shoulder area? How do I anchor the yarn to the right shoulder? Once I start knitting will the end of the yarn just tighten along with the stitches? Hope I'm making sense. Thanks -

·
Registered
13,818 Posts
Yes, if you're finished with the first shoulder, you'll need to cut the yarn and start on the other side. I hold the new strand behind the knitting, make a few stitches, then pull the first stitch tight and weave in the tail later or just make a simple slip knot to hold it for the time being.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your help. I so appreciate talented knitters like yourself who give confidence to newer knitters as myself. I'm of to finish the sweater back and move on to the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom