Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am knitting a sweater. the instructions read: cast on 146 stitches. Work backwards and forwards in rows. k 1 row. Change to 3.75 mm (US 5) needles. 1st row: (right side)....
a couple of questions...

what does work backward and forwards in rows mean.
if i k 1 row and change needles won't i be on a wrong side? or do I knit onto the larger circulars which would be working 2 rows?

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
It almost seems like it's translated from another language, and instead of saying knit back and forth, it says knit backwards and forwards. I would guess this just means to knit back and forth, rather than in the round. I believe it wants you just to start the stitches on a larger needle so there is a little more stretch to the bottom of the hem, then switch to the smaller needles to finish doing the work. This means you wouldn't do anything different than the regular pattern work, not working two loops at once or anything, and the work would continue as usual. Are there any pattern notes that might give you a hint?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom