Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to knit my husband a rasta tam or beret and his head is a 23 in. circ. but all the patterns I've found leave out important information like the lenght of the circular needles or the different amount of stitckes for the larger head.I am fairly new and have already knitted him one with a cast on of 122 st. and another with 88 and too small .I need step by step instructions for my pattern is there anyone who can help me on the lenght of the circular also Thanks in advance

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
taznwinston said:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rasta-slouch-hat-with-or-without-brim
This one is a purchase on Ravelry, but uses thick yarn and head sizes up to 23".
http://www.tail-spinner.com/Mango-Moon_Rasta_Hat.pdf
This one is a freebie, I read it and it looks OK. Says 22" head, but I think it should be fine.
Thank u So much as I will try the latter as I am staying away from chuncky wool Thank You!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to knit my husband a rasta tam or beret and his head is a 23 in. circ. but all the patterns I've found leave out important information like the lenght of the circular needles or the different amount of stitckes for the larger head.I am fairly new and have already knitted him one with a cast on of 122 st. and another with 88 and too small .I need step by step instructions for my pattern is there anyone who can help me on the lenght of the circular also Thanks in advance sorry the 2 suggestions did not work out as I refuse to pay for a pattern and my husband did not like the other one .
please help!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
crafty308 said:
I would like to knit my husband a rasta tam or beret and his head is a 23 in. circ. but all the patterns I've found leave out important information like the lenght of the circular needles or the different amount of stitckes for the larger head.I am fairly new and have already knitted him one with a cast on of 122 st. and another with 88 and too small .I need step by step instructions for my pattern is there anyone who can help me on the lenght of the circular also Thanks in advance sorry the 2 suggestions did not work out as I refuse to pay for a pattern and my husband did not like the other one .
please help!
http://web.archive.org/web/20071120030640/www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5551315,00.html

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
crafty308 said:
please help!
In the mango moon rasta it uses size 8 16 inch long circular needles. Hope this helps

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks but he hates that pattern o well keep on trying to please my man!
taznwinston said:
crafty308 said:
please help!
In the mango moon rasta it uses size 8 16 inch long circular needles. Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom