Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know this pattern? Even something similar would work I think. Its a super chunky over sized sweater.
Can anyone advise what kind of yarn is used and what is that stitch? Its looks like a mish mash of stitches with a cable thrown in, but not sure, so any advise would be so appreciated.
Thanks,
JoanieMay x

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I checked that out, and this sweater seems to be re pinned many times, but no pattern available unfortunately :( Which is why I'm looking for a pattern of an over sized sweater similar in shape and size, and will try to work out the stitch my myself. Have you come across a pattern for a super chunky sweater that looks kinda the same in terms of shape?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
JoanieMay - I would look on ravelry for a pullover with the neck style you would like, then do a gauge with super bulky yarn and the appropriately large needles and do the math for the size you want. After that the stitches can be played with. Just an occasional stitch change would work I would think since the size, shape, color and yarn will carry the day.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you though of finding a similar shape in a super chunky yarn and using the stitch count from that pattern and wing it with the stitches. You can plan out your stitch usage
using graph paper. Don't limit yourself to Ravelry, All Free knitting isn't easy to search but you could try there and Lion brand and it is amazing what can be found when entering Super chunky sweater knitting patterns free in Google.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Joanie> another thought VOGUE has very unique sweater patterns, they may have a super chunky one available. You may need to set up an account to get into their patterns, but I found several "chunky yarn/oversized" sweater patterns available for purchase on their web page "Vogueknitting.com"

Hope you find a pattern you like. Good luck !

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Hi again JoanieMay - after checking some sites I think you need a yarn weight called "roving" - super chunky or super bulky will not give you the look you want. Check out roving yarns on ebay just so you can see the difference.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
hilltopper said:
Hi again JoanieMay - after checking some sites I think you need a yarn weight called "roving" - super chunky or super bulky will not give you the look you want. Check out roving yarns on ebay just so you can see the difference.
This reply ...........another reason I LOVE KPers, always soooooooo smart and helpful. Thank you for this response to Joanie, I learned from it.
:sm02: :sm02:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom