Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to knit a dress, something like a sheath for my granddaughter's 21st birthday. I want to use sport weight cotton. Can anyone help me with a lovely pattern? By the way she is v slim. Thanks in anticipation!

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sagarika said:
I want to knit a dress, something like a sheath for my granddaughter's 21st birthday. I want to use sport weight cotton. Can anyone help me with a lovely pattern? By the way she is v slim. Thanks in anticipation!
Just a suggestion, I have a pattern book with a dress in it. The designer mentions using yarn that has elastic in it so that when the person wearing the dress does NOT have a droop in the fanny area after sitting.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
I'm going to be a stinker...you may want to make her a dress for her 21st birthday, but does your granddaughter want you to do this? This is a lot of work. Why not make her a lovely shawl with unusual yarn (expensive) she can use for a fancy night out on the town to celebrate her birthday. A dress is usually worn a few times but a shawl can be made to go with so many more outfits and will be seen by more people.

And when in doubt...ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom