Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drop Stitch Scarf
Designed By Grace Alexander

NOTE: Gauge is not important to this design.
Any smooth yarn can be used but the needle size should be at least 2 sizes larger that what the yarn calls for.

Materials used for sample: 1 x 2oz/160yd Skein of Brick 100% Alpaca #1577
Knitting Needles: 5mm [8US]
Yarn needle.

Cast on 23 sts
Row 1 ONLY: K3, *yo, k2tog, k2*; rep from * to * 4 times more.
all other rows: Knit.
Last row before bind off, k3, *drop the 4th st from the left needle and ignore, k3 sts* ; rep from * to end.
Bind off making a yarn over directly above the dropped stitch of previous row, binding off the yo like a normal stitch. Return to dropped sts and gently pull each st from the top of the scarf to the bottom. The dropped sts will look like a ladder and should fall into the yarn over of the very first row. Weave in loose ends only after dropping sts.
Note: It is possible to make scarf wider and longer by using 2 skeins and increasing the number of sts by multiples of 4 sts to the original cast on.

Abbreviations

Yo = yarn over right needle to make a stitch; k2tog = knit 2 stitches together at the same time; Pull stitches = gently unravel each dropped stitch and ensure in falls into the yarn over space on the first row of scarf.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Would you share your pattern for the Patriotic set? My two year old grandson carries around an American flag the way some kids do a favorite blanket or teddy bear. he even sleeps with his flag. would love to knit something Patriotic for him.
Love your work!

·
Registered
22,470 Posts
Intrigued by your diagonal pattern mitts. Did you do them in the round, or work flat and them seam?

My real issue is what is the best way to seam a diagonal pattern knit flat when you are dealing with multi-colored yarn. Have been trying to figure out a seam process that is not visible on the front

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tamarque said:
Intrigued by your diagonal pattern mitts. Did you do them in the round, or work flat and them seam?

My real issue is what is the best way to seam a diagonal pattern knit flat when you are dealing with multi-colored yarn. Have been trying to figure out a seam process that is not visible on the front
the pattern is knit 3 with pink, knit three with black and coming back on the purl side you move the colours one stitch to the right, on the knit side one stitch to the left. I always do mittens flat and seam them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
debwebb11 said:
Would love to know how to make the edging on the Good 'n Plenty hat!
Pick up and knit around the base of your hat - should be the same number as you cast on.
Knit into f&b of every st
knit 1 rnd even
repeat last 2 rounds until ruffle measures approx 1 1/2" Bind off loosely using alternate colour.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom