Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Patton Classic Wool felt well? I want to make a couple of purses for Christmas gifts.
Thanks for letting me pick your brains.

·
Registered
30,455 Posts
Yes I used it for slippers and purses. Very happy with it also.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Yes,I have done quite a bit of felting,with many different brands of wool,Noro was the worst for felting and the Paton's wool is the only one I buy now.I have had the best and most consistent result with it,I am always very pleased with end result,and it doesn't seem to take as long to felt as some other brands :D :D

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Yes, I just did a felted purse using it. I like it better than the Cascade wool I used for my first felted purse because it is less "hairy" after felting. :-D

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all so much, I want to make a couple of purses for Christmas and as slow as I knit, I need to get started.
Hugs to all and good night.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Damama said:
Does Patton Classic Wool felt well? I want to make a couple of purses for Christmas gifts.
Thanks for letting me pick your brains.
yes, it is one of my favorite..it felts very cleanly and well, and it very accessible..we can find it almost anywhere and it won't break the bank.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes indeed. Patons wool is the best I think, just keep in mind that any white or cream color does not felt as well in any yarn, it has something to do with the dye. I have been felting since the 70's

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It is a rather "rough" wool so it almost looks felted when only knitted. I don't felt yet, but I've seen it felted and it looks great. Comes in nice colors and is easy to find. Joann's also carries it and they put out coupons in the paper and on their Joann's app for your phone. I believe Joanns and Michaels will honor each others coupons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom