Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a vest I made for a 10 year old niece on hubby's side. I used her measurements more than a pattern to make it. It took 8 ounces of yarn. I had about three yards left when I was finished binding off. At least it is enough for the buttons!

What looks like a color difference is where I was blocking it and didn't get it evenly wet!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Oh I just love this! I can never find a pattern for inbetweens.. My 8yr old GD is bigger than my 12 year old GD.. Where do you find patterns for those kids past size 8 or 10.. more like a 12 or 14? I tried to make a crochet top larger and ended up fitting me! oops..

·
Registered
157,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
raindancer said:
That is just beautiful! Your knitting is quite lovely, and the color is great, good work!
Thanks you! I had to do a double take when I saw your name "raindancer"! My "other" name is Paints the Wind! Comes from all the colorful work I do plus being of Cherokee descent!

·
Registered
157,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for your kind and generous words! If I cannot find the correct size pattern I find the closest and then adapt from there. Sort of what I had to do with this one. That is why measurements are so important! I want it to fit for a while!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom