Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time, I was born in Jordan, Montana but raised on a ranch/farm combo north of Cut Bank, Montana. Eventually, I left my parent's lifestyle and created my own. I attended Northern Montana College in Havre, Mt, from which I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Social Studies. I then went on to teach English and Social Studies until 1993, when my son John had a catastrophic car accident. I worked as a telemarketer, embroiderer, and data entry operator until 1996. I then went to work as Lead Test Examiner for the United States Penitentiary in Florence, CO until 1998, when I began working at Colorado State Penitentiary. I developed the Anger Management program there for door-to-door instruction. In June of 2010, I retired to live my life-long dream of opening my own yarn and craft shop. Crewel & Unusual opened in October 2010. However, because of family medical issues, I closed the shop in June 2012. I am absolutely addicted to creating through crochet and rarely knitting. I am delighted to be able to read my NOOK whenever I can afford to buy my books. I enjoy many television programs, such as NCIS, Project Runway, Law & Order SVU, Iron Chef America, Chopped, and so many more. My husband and I have four cats and one dog. I am thoroughly delighted when I can spend time with my children and my one grandchild, who was born on my birth date, 49 years later.

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Austin, TX. Have fun here. I do!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank y'all for the warm welcome. Used to be on this site several years ago when I worked full time. Too difficult to keep up. Am retired now and absolutely am looking forward to this experience.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hi and welcome....yellow corvette.
We have a red one, at least my husband has a red one.
She doesn't like me and has locked me in twice, and once refused to start. I HATE the key fob idea so much!! But what a dream to drive. I also love Montana, but haven't been back for many years....my favorite place to motorcycle....Going to the Sun Road.
This forum is so much more than just knitting....have met so many people from all over....and so many interesting stories.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is 9:15 here in God's country:) The sun is shining delightfully, bathing Pike's Peak in beautiful colors. There is no snow (thankfully), cause even though I am from Montana, I do not like the snow:) Nearly the end of the year and temps still in the 60s. Great people to talk with and share with, great beauty, and great weather. What more could a person want?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom