Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is nothing as beautiful as a peony (sp?), To hot to grow here, it is 100 degrees today.
Hi, great to see you posting. I agree, they are my favorite flower. Yes, they don’t like it too hot. We get to the 90s and a few 100s but not for weeks on end usually.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Love all your peonies! Sadly, all of my peony blossoms have withered in the near 100-degree heat we have been experiencing all week. :cry:

·
Registered
18,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love all your peonies! Sadly, all of my peony blossoms have withered in the near 100-degree heat we have been experiencing all week. :cry:
Thank you. That is too hot. We have had a wet June and temps only in the 70s. It is 75 and breezy at 4:30 pm. Our temps are usually in the upper 80s this time of year.

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Love paeonies. Got three small patches that never seem to expand. Recently moved one group that was being choked out by Solomon’s Seal. They love their new spot. They’ll be in full bloom any day now.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have one huge peony plant that is a start off of my grandmother's plant. It is the dark pink. I love it. It has bloomed and gone already. This fall, I plan on dividing it so that I have 2 plants. They seem to really grow fast and I love them.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
18,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love paeonies. Got three small patches that never seem to expand. Recently moved one group that was being choked out by Solomon’s Seal. They love their new spot. They’ll be in full bloom any day now.
I moved mine 2 years ago. I have 1 that has no buds this year. Hope it decides it likes the spot next year. I know they like lots of sunshine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top Bottom