Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not wish to be abusive to other KPers, but I believe we all have the right to express our point of view, even if it does not agree with the point of view held by others.

I have been labelled abusive and nasty because some of my views do not agree with certain views expressed by others. I have not said that these people are scam artists, out to defraud others, nor am I crying 'poor little me'. Some other posters here have really slandered a certain poster, and in a nasty way. They have repeated their slander several times. Now it seems I am on the receiving end of their nasty little comments.

Honestly, if you cannot speak your mind and say I disagree with you, and post information on the topic, without someone telling you that you have climbed on a high horse to speak your mind, what can you do?

I honestly ask other KPers if I have slandered them in any way? Have I called them nasty names? Have I said they are only out to scam other posters?

If my views upset you because they are different to yours, please understand I am only voicing my views. In a democracy everyone has the right to be heard. It just seems to me that certain posters do not wish me to voice my views because they differ from theirs.

I throw this open for discussion and if the majority of views is that I am indeed a nasty and abusive person because I voice different opinions, so be it and I will go away.

OK, so am I nasty and abusive? Over to you.

· Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm not sure what happened ,but you do have a right to voice your opinion .please don't go because of a few people, that would just make them happy. don't give them satisfaction. If I don't agree with something most times I just go to the next subject. I get offended over politics ...I just delete!

· Registered
2,217 Posts
As I stated on another thread: "If one doesn't agree, that is one thing, but to rip someone to pieces with rude and nasty comments is completely unacceptable and uncalled for. If a person disagree with something someone says, it doesn't give that person a license to tear them apart." I have been ripped to pieces because I defended someone on this site. Because I appear to be a mindless "sheeple" (no offense to sheep here) who would just hand things over hand over fist without any question asked, it appears that I need to be made aware that others on this site would take advantage of me because of my lower intelligence at every opportunity. I know that you realize I make some of these statements tongue in cheek style, but nevertheless, it makes me feel very inferior and quite like I have rejoined the sandbox group where I can be friends with one person but not another just because I have been told not to. I have seen a few persons on this site who choose to make rude and nasty remarks to people and then turn them around and twist them so that they appear to be what they are not. I know that you too have seen this time and again, especially pertaining to one KP'er on here. There are quite a few things that are not taken into account in these attacks. 1. The language issue. 2. The geographic area. 3. The cultural background and ways. The attacker, as it were, assumes that the poster is making remarks as if they were living here in western society, which couldn't be more incorrect. When taking all these issues into account, there is definitely a huge difference as to what is being said and the way it is being said that should be taken into account when determining the perception of the exact meaning of the conversation. We are all entitled to our opinions. When I was growing up, if I didn't have something nice to say, I was taught to be quiet and walk away. There are many differences in opinion here on KP, and that in itself is alright. It is when one tries to force their ideals on others as it being the only opinion that is valid that is when we get into trouble on these threads. So my suggestion, and it is just that, a suggestion, state your opinion, and then leave it at that. If someone comes back and disagrees, that is their right. This used to be such a peaceful and wonderful place to be but is becoming more and more a forum used to attack others. Makes me sad to see such a beautiful thing become so anger filled and vengeful. Martha French, you are a very direct person. That is not a bad thing, but it is a point that can be taken in a variety of ways. I personally have no problem with your directness. Some people feel that they have to defend and defend and defend again against the remarks you make just because they are direct. Just because you are direct by no means requires you to disappear from KP or any other site. You are not rude nor nasty and I for one certainly do not think you are abusive by any means. So, back over from me, NO, you are not nasty and abusive, and I do not want to see you leave KP as that is exactly what the ones that started this whole mess would appreciate as there would be no opposition to their opinions. Don't give them the satisfaction. Be who you are and be good at it! =)

· Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ms. Tess thank you for your reply. I always enjoy reading your postings. I am sure we do not agree with each other on many topics, but I always find you postings well written and logical. You do have a way with words. I am like a lot of Aussies, hard bitten and quick to respond with a whip lash tongue.

It is hard to back away from an argument and defend your point of view. I wish I could be more like the Dali Lama, smile sweetly and look benignly at the person whilst saying "you have a valid point of view, but it differs radically from mine".

But thank you for your comments, as I have said, I value your comments. We may not agree on all subjects but we respect the other person's right to express their point of view.

· Registered
2,217 Posts
Absolutely I agree Martha. Solid friendships are not made by people that always agree, but by those who disagree and let it be. I value your opinions and your advice. I see your razor sharp tongue and was born with the blessing of a tongue sharp enough to clip a hedge I've been told. Time and temperance have cooled my red mane and my sharp tongue unless it is necessary to "let it rip" so to speak. There have been many times on here that I have bitten my tongue just because it wasn't worth the time and effort to me. I believe that there are those on this site that argue for the sake of arguing. They have nothing better to do but get others riled up and then come back and get them riled up all over again. They are called Narcissists. I feel sorry for most of them, really, because it is an illness and they cannot help that they have to be right at every point. Makes them be who they are. I realize that it is hard to back away from an argument, but after living with an abusive man for many years, I learned quick that backing away from an argument may save teeth that would otherwise be knocked out, a skull that would otherwise be cracked, etc....that is perhaps why I tend to back away. It isn't because I have nothing to say or that I am of lesser intelligence like others seem to think. If they knew me or anything about me, they would know that I had it beaten into me that you don't argue, then perhaps they would know how lucky they are that I am who I am. However, I let them go along on their narcissistic path thinking that I backed down because they were right and they won. ;) I just shake my head at so many people that suffer from this affliction and wonder how many generations it has carried on in their families so as to make them the way they are. Oh, I like the horse you climb up on (giggle) he's quite patient and calm! ;) Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and a giggle to my lips after reading some of the things you post. Further to the Deli Lama, I am sure the words that escaped the lips were not always in agreement with the ones rolling around in his head either! I once heard an expression when someone was being absolutely rediculious and was told "You are enough to make the Deli Lama swear and smack some sense into you!!" That's gotta be bad =) See you soon! Take care =)

· Registered
3,408 Posts
Expressing opinions without feeling that someone has made you smaller because they disagree is a hard lesson for many to learn. Especially when they have been abused in past relationships. Even so, it is not necessary to call others names and repeatedly libel another. I see no harm in stating one's opinion, but the more one argues about it, the less I tend to put value to it. If it is meant as a warning as the person you refer to says she was doing, to continue argue and call names gives little credence to the 'facts' of the matter. Why not just state your opinion and leave it. There is no need to defend it.

· Registered
2,217 Posts
ruth Roxanne said:
Expressing opinions without feeling that someone has made you smaller because they disagree is a hard lesson for many to learn. Especially when they have been abused in past relationships. Even so, it is not necessary to call others names and repeatedly libel another. I see no harm in stating one's opinion, but the more one argues about it, the less I tend to put value to it. If it is meant as a warning as the person you refer to says she was doing, to continue argue and call names gives little credence to the 'facts' of the matter. Why not just state your opinion and leave it. There is no need to defend it.
:thumbup: Wonderfully put Roxanne, now if only some would read this and follow along it would be so much better =) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

· Registered
15,608 Posts
Ladies, :)

Thank you for your posts, always a delight to read.

As has been mentioned some people are born to disagree, it seems to be their lifes work. We are all entitled to an opinion so long as it fits in with theirs. :)

I read most of the threads, some I'll follow and others I don't bother with again. I comment on occasion but if things start to get 'nasty' I leave it at that and let the 'bother mongers' get on with it.

It does seem sad that what was a very friendly forum is developing an ever widening streak of unpleasantness.

However I do not intend to give up on KP and look forward to further posts from you both, let's hope the nay sayers will go and play somewhere else. :D

· Registered
3,955 Posts
Martha French said:
I do not wish to be abusive to other KPers, but I believe we all have the right to express our point of view, even if it does not agree with the point of view held by others.

I have been labelled abusive and nasty because some of my views do not agree with certain views expressed by others. I have not said that these people are scam artists, out to defraud others, nor am I crying 'poor little me'. Some other posters here have really slandered a certain poster, and in a nasty way. They have repeated their slander several times. Now it seems I am on the receiving end of their nasty little comments.

Honestly, if you cannot speak your mind and say I disagree with you, and post information on the topic, without someone telling you that you have climbed on a high horse to speak your mind, what can you do?

I honestly ask other KPers if I have slandered them in any way? Have I called them nasty names? Have I said they are only out to scam other posters?

If my views upset you because they are different to yours, please understand I am only voicing my views. In a democracy everyone has the right to be heard. It just seems to me that certain posters do not wish me to voice my views because they differ from theirs.

I throw this open for discussion and if the majority of views is that I am indeed a nasty and abusive person because I voice different opinions, so be it and I will go away.

OK, so am I nasty and abusive? Over to you.
Martha, again you are kidding right? You did read all that you wrote?

My goodness. You taunted several people, 3 to be exact, because you did not agree with what they said. You berated people.

You used personal information against a member from a post completely unrelated to what we were discussing. You asked me to show you one so I pointed to the exact page. Then this post pops up.

You sent a member a Private Message and then because you didn't like the response, posted it in OPEN FORUM, as though the member sent you an unsolicited message.

Now you are claiming to be a "victim".

The grievance you have is with yourself. What you are describing is what you did.

It is completely unfair to get this entire forum riled up when everyone has agreed that we are all entitled to our own opinion. Many people "unwatched" the post that you are referring to only to be dragged into one that is directly connected to it.

Ms.Tess, it was mentioned that you read most of the posts, after doing so, you still believe the above mentioned issues are exceptable conduct and even praised Martha for it. This is contradictory to what you have said in your post.

· Registered
4,323 Posts
I really agree with you all. There was a post stating that that they didn't like the Olympics and was she alone. This was followed by a post saying that those who didn't like them were "miserable buggers".

I did a post agreeing with the original, as I wasn't interested either. This same nasty person said I should watch my blood pressure at my age! How did she know my age? Also called me sweetheart in a very sarcastic manner.

I responded saying I wasn't her sweetheart and that there was nothing wrong with my blood pressure.

I was then called a saddo, funny but a saddo.

My point is this - if she didn't agree (quite strongly from her posts) why did she get involved?

Why call people "miserable buggers" just because we didn't share her point of view?

Another thing is that when people say these things, they know nothing about that person, and people who are ill, lonely, going through a lot of problems etc can so easily be upset when all they are doing is joining in a friendly forum. Makes my blood boil.

To be perfectly honest, this person annoyed me so much with her nasty comments that I nearly stopped coming on here, but I refused to let her win. She's just a nasty woman.

· Registered
65,323 Posts
No your not,i remember well the incidence,it got very nasty indeed,and there was no need for it.Some people were downright horrible,but they too have a right to be heard,just like you and i.Anything like that I try to avoid,but like you some times I say my view.

· Registered
3,955 Posts
This is Martha being respectful to one who's opinion differs from her own in her own words:

The only person who is allowed to pull the heart strings with a sob story on this site, according to christine4321, is christine4321 herself with her 21 pages about her cheating husband. I do not think she likes it if someone steals her limelight. I thinks she believes she must be the only one who can play the 'poor little me' theme. Perhaps she is jealous because you have a loving, caring husband and lovely children, whereas she, according to her own sob story, has been lumbered with a lying, cheating husband.

Anyway, enough said. I know she is now going to give me a blast and possibly report me to Admin because I am being nasty to her. She can be as nasty as she likes and say nasty things about you, but no one is allowed to be nasty to her. Poor little thing she is. All cry now for poor little christine4321 and offer sympathy because she has a nasty, cheating husband.

At least if she is attacking me she will be leaving you alone. Remember, that which does not kill us can only make us stronger. Go forward girl, hold your head up high, as you are doing a great job. Love, kisses and hugs to Popelka from Australia.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
wendyheather said:
I really agree with you all. There was a post stating that that they didn't like the Olympics and was she alone. This was followed by a post saying that those who didn't like them were "miserable buggers".

I did a post agreeing with the original, as I wasn't interested either. This same nasty person said I should watch my blood pressure at my age! How did she know my age? Also called me sweetheart in a very sarcastic manner.

I responded saying I wasn't her sweetheart and that there was nothing wrong with my blood pressure.

I was then called a saddo, funny but a saddo.

My point is this - if she didn't agree (quite strongly from her posts) why did she get involved?

Why call people "miserable buggers" just because we didn't share her point of view?

Another thing is that when people say these things, they know nothing about that person, and people who are ill, lonely, going through a lot of problems etc can so easily be upset when all they are doing is joining in a friendly forum. Makes my blood boil.

To be perfectly honest, this person annoyed me so much with her nasty comments that I nearly stopped coming on here, but I refused to let her win. She's just a nasty woman.
Thank you for compliments How flattered I am that you even remember me. I got it right first time you are still being a miserable bugger and even more of a saddo to let it worry you Thank you from your favourite 'nasty woman'

· Registered
3,955 Posts
A post "Mocking" another member, by Martha

Omnivore
In future shall I preference my postings with "Now, this is not meant to upset Omnivore or 'set her attitudes straight' because 'but everything you wrote is already known to me.' Omnivore may know facts because 'What I say is from personal experience and I expect you to understand that, rather than see it as another opportunity to get on some high horse.' I am not getting on a high horse, but posting

· Registered
3,955 Posts
Martha mocking and taunting yet another KP member:

n my postings I am expressing my point of view, and if you do not wish me to express my point of view just post it saying "I strongly disagree with everything Martha French says because it does not agree with my point of view. I do not think she should be allowed to express her point of view. I think that I, Jessianna, have the right to express my personal point of view, but Martha French does not have this right to express her point of view. Only people who agree with me, Jessianna, are allowed to express their point of view.

· Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ms Tess I had not realised that you are also a red head. Me, I come from a long, long line of red heads. My mother's side were all red heads, as are two of my children and even my two great grandsons have red hair. I always swore if I had another red headed child it was going back to the manufacturers. Now if you want an acid tongued individual, take my ex, the second one as I have been married and divorced twice. My ex and his mother had really sharp tongues. I would say that my ex could peel the flesh of your bones from 50 paces with his tongue. I also backed away because I did not like his lightening fast fists either, and yes that is why he is my ex. I have been by myself for over 22 years now, and I do not intend to try a third time, twice bitten thrice shy.

· Registered
5,736 Posts
christine4321 said:
The original poster of this thread is not at all innocent.

I think we all have made it quite clear that we have the right to express our opinion
Christine - thanks for your examples, they have made your case for you. Another rude poster has come out of the woodwork too, so we know whom to avoid.

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that they are best left to stew in their own juice. If this is the way they wish to behave I'd have nothing to do with them in person, and it is no different on line.

Just don't let them spoil the forum for you!

· Registered
790 Posts
OH MY GOSH!! The fight has move from one post to this post!! I'm done!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom