Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is your pet hate or what annoys you more than anything. my pet hate is tattoos. i detest to see young folk defacing their bodies with these awful things. they are permanent, expensive and atrocious to look at. i know they can be removed to a degree but not completely. i do speak from personal experience as two of my children have them. my son has his arms covered. he knows i hate them with a passion and it upsets me to see my lovely handsome boy with so many. it is like an obsession with him as it appears to be with many young ones. at 40 i would think he would stop but it apparently hasn't. he asked me to pay for another for his birthday and i out and out refused. do any other kprs feel this way or am i just an old fashioned woman who can't keep up with the modern times? :cry:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
never had one, prob never will
when i wanted one yrs ago, i was broke
then when i had the money, didnt want it lol

still, other than shopping carts in the parking lots, my all time (stated another time) is the stooooopid commercials for those dad-burned boner pills & especially for that blasted *shop vac* that ... get this -- Medicare pays for but can i get a pair of glasses & have them covered so i can SEE -- HEK NOOOO!!!! just boils my goose, lemme tell ya!!!!

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
With you on the tattoo's, my lovely son defaced his beautiful skin when he was 16. He's had several more since, just hope he doesn't live to regret it. Its not that I hate tattoo's, just hate that he's done something he may regret.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I agree with you about tattoos. I can see that some are beautiful art...but would be better on the wall!
Over here in the UK, it's the constant ads for so called "pay day" loans, that have exorbitant interest rates, and are aimed at people with no money....who are too stupid to realise that if they need to borrow money this month, when they pay it back next month they'll be in even worse trouble!

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
Elsie Shufflebottom said:
I agree with you about tattoos. I can see that some are beautiful art...but would be better on the wall!
Over here in the UK, it's the constant ads for so called "pay day" loans, that have exorbitant interest rates, and are aimed at people with no money....who are too stupid to realise that if they need to borrow money this month, when they pay it back next month they'll be in even worse trouble!
Blimey yes you are right, have you read the small print on those adverts???? the APR is like a phone number!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can't stand it when I'm grocery shopping, and there are people taking up the entire aisle to shop. You can't go around them, they won't move when you say "excuse me"; Then when you turn around to go back, there's another idiot! But this one has a screaming child in the cart; crying because it wants something it saw. The mom is totally oblivious to the screaming, but I'm not. I actually went up to a kid, who was about 6 yrs old, and told him to stop screaming! lol The mom said, "Well, I never!"; to which I replied, "I can see that, and that's why your brat is screaming like a spoiled brat!" Now my girls steer me and the shopping cart the other way when they hear a child screaming, and throwing a fit. lol My older daughter only did that once in the store. I took her outside for a spanking, and when the 2nd daughter was born, the older daughter taught the younger one what not to do. hahahaha

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I try not to get 'peeved' but I do not like it when you get to the checkout in the supermarket and in the 'basket only' queue is someone with a fully laden trolley (cart in the USA) and you point out to them the basket only sign and then they let rip at you with some choice language! Also I hate young children running loose and screaming and getting in the way in the supermarket - dangerous for elderly people - and then the children climb in the freezers etc - Shopping is traumatic at the best of times and supermarkets are not playgrounds. What an old grump am I!!!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
My BIGGEST pet peeve, (gets my feathers ruffled everytime) is the security companies and other such fear mongers that play on the fear of elderly people. I hate to see anyone taking advantage of the elderly. Ticks me right off!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I hate it when I pull open a door to exit a shop/building and the person on the outside just pushes past me and comes in.

Next time I am going to say, "I was NOT holding the door open for you I am trying to come out".

I have noticed even men in their 40s & 50s will push past me. Women with strollers/prams are just as bad, I gave up opening and holding a door for them, as they just sail through without a thank you or a smile.

Definetly no manners in the world these days.

·
Registered
790 Posts
When someone does that to me, I always yell after them, "You're very welcome!!" They might as well be embarrassed AND rude! lol

Nanny Mon said:
I hate it when I pull open a door to exit a shop/building and the person on the outside just pushes past me and comes in.

Next time I am going to say, "I was NOT holding the door open for you I am trying to come out".

I have noticed even men in their 40s & 50s will push past me. Women with strollers/prams are just as bad, I gave up opening and holding a door for them, as they just sail through without a thank you or a smile.

Definetly no manners in the world these days.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
rpuhrmann said:
I can't stand it when I'm grocery shopping, and there are people taking up the entire aisle to shop. You can't go around them, they won't move when you say "excuse me"; Then when you turn around to go back, there's another idiot! But this one has a screaming child in the cart; crying because it wants something it saw. The mom is totally oblivious to the screaming, but I'm not. I actually went up to a kid, who was about 6 yrs old, and told him to stop screaming! lol The mom said, "Well, I never!"; to which I replied, "I can see that, and that's why your brat is screaming like a spoiled brat!" Now my girls steer me and the shopping cart the other way when they hear a child screaming, and throwing a fit. lol My older daughter only did that once in the store. I took her outside for a spanking, and when the 2nd daughter was born, the older daughter taught the younger one what not to do. hahahaha
Not to mention people who congregate at the end of the aisle, blocking others from entering or leaving.

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Tennessee.Gal said:
rpuhrmann said:
Not to mention people who congregate at the end of the aisle, blocking others from entering or leaving.
It has gotten so bad trying to shop... :roll: :evil:
We now need a GPS with built in detour routes! :wink:

It was really bad a few weeks ago...
Mom with unruly screaming 5(?) yr old running around the store.
Employees told/warned her...landed on deaf ears.
So I left my cart and purchases near the register and left...
My ears were still ringing when I got outta there.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
The thing that nearly provokes road rage in me is when there is a sign on the freeway that a lane is going to be shut down (usually with a lot of notice). Most people will start moving over when they get the opportunity, but a few jerks, seeing a nearly empty lane, will just drive arrogantly past all the stop-and-go in the other lanes until their lane completely goes away and then try to nudge their way into the next lane. I absolutely refuse to let them get in front of me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
When I see someone with a tattoo, I always think of what it will look like when they're 60 or so -- I guess no one thinks of that when getting one ... LOL ... I've seen some of these sagging tattoos - not a pretty sight!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm glad we've left shopping for driving! lol My pet peeve is tailgaiting. I absolutely despise it. When I'm going the legal speed limit, and someone flys up behind me and sits on my bumper I've been tempted to slam on the brakes and see what happens.....but I haven't. What I usually do is gradually begin to slow down and get to 10 or 15 miles below the speed limit. They generally drop back and then I can speed up. if they continue I simply do it again. They'll either go around or get off my "tail". I also have a plean for a reply to someone who yells at me to speed up,
"Well excuse me, but it's the speed LIMIT, not the MANDATORY SPEED!

·
Registered
321 Posts
We were in an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. One table filled with mothers and school age children. The parents instructed the children to go get meat on their plate. When they came back to the table the mothers emptied the meat into a bag (several times each). We were so shocked that the personnel saw and did nothing. What gall!!! and what are they teaching their children???

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom