Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am Margaret, I have a pfaff duomatic 80 knitting machine. I have had it for many many years and have never got to grips with it. Has anyone else ever had one of these machines and how have they got on any tips please. I was nearly ready to take it and get rid of it but I thought have one last go to see if anyone else knows about them and can give some tips
Margaret

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Hi Margaret, I have one of those machines myself, and what a beautiful machine it is to use. Please don't ditch it. When I bought mine I already had a Brother KH965i electronic. But the reason I got the Passap Duomatic 80 was because of all the beautiful textured patterns, and fairisle patterns without floats on the reverse side. I suggest you just set aside some quiet time, with the instruction books, and work through the tutorials one stage at a time. Making each practice item as you go, doing more than one of each until you have it down pit pat. That is what I did when I got mine, and I am so glad I did. I've made some gorgeous sweaters on it, particularly textured ones. Plus as a bonus, if you like the Aran style sweaters, these can be done on this machine and they look like genuine Aran work. Good luck with trying again. Leonora.
oakridgelady said:
Hello
I am Margaret, I have a pfaff duomatic 80 knitting machine. I have had it for many many years and have never got to grips with it. Has anyone else ever had one of these machines and how have they got on any tips please. I was nearly ready to take it and get rid of it but I thought have one last go to see if anyone else knows about them and can give some tips
Margaret

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Hi Margaret, I have one of those machines myself, and what a beautiful machine it is to use. Please don't ditch it. When I bought mine I already had a Brother KH965i electronic. But the reason I got the Passap (Pfaff) Duomatic 80 was because of all the beautiful textured patterns, and fairisle patterns without floats on the reverse side. I suggest you just set aside some quiet time, with the instruction books, and work through the tutorials one stage at a time. Making each practice item as you go, doing more than one of each until you have it down pit pat. That is what I did when I got mine, and I am so glad I did. I've made some gorgeous sweaters on it, particularly textured ones. Plus as a bonus, if you like the Aran style sweaters, these can be done on this machine and they look like genuine Aran work. Good luck with trying again. Leonora.
oakridgelady said:
Hello
Margaret

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I have the same machine. It is my favorite.
You will be happy quickly if you take the instruction book and
follow it page by page. Knit each and every piece and all is well.
You will have no regrets.
Knitting without floats is the greatest pleasure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom