Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
It looks like you are increasing 1 stitch on a purl row instead of on the knit row. There are 2 ways to do this. You can purl then knit in the next stitch or you can pick up the bar between stitches by inserting your needle from the back to the front and then purling through the front of the picked up stitch cause a twist preventing a hole.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for you help. I have ripped this apart so much my yarn is getting thin. One more question. When i increase in a purl stitch, when I pick up the thread in the back and purl it, do i count the next stitch which was part of the increase stitch as a separate purl stitch. The pattern states:
P1, pick up a stitch, (P1, baby cable) 23 times.Do I count the increase stitch as my purl stitch that in parenthesis, or do i purl twice.

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
No the increase is not the purl 1 in the parenthesis.

dee1258 said:
Thanks for you help. I have ripped this apart so much my yarn is getting thin. One more question. When i increase in a purl stitch, when I pick up the thread in the back and purl it, do i count the next stitch which was part of the increase stitch as a separate purl stitch. The pattern states:
P1, pick up a stitch, (P1, baby cable) 23 times.Do I count the increase stitch as my purl stitch that in parenthesis, or do i purl twice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help. Have finished the poncho. I got Homespun yarn which I really don't like. Comes apart way to easily. Had to use fray check on fringes and that still wasn't the answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom