Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
go on to you tube and type in "verypinkknits.com" all one word. She has numerous great videos. Also Knit Freedom by Liat Gat, type either one in to you tube and her videos come up also. These are my favorite two , other than knitpicks videos.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
type into your search engine "verypink.com" on her page scroll down and on the left side of page you'll see Knitting help videos, click on "correcting mistakes", next page click on "correcting a dropped stitch" or "fixing a dropped garter stitch" Either one should help. Good luck

·
Registered
327 Posts
My grandmother used to 'crochet' dropped stitches back up. insert a crochet-hook in the dropped stitch and then 'climb' it back up the fabric by using the link between the abutting stitches. I've used this method myself and found it very effective.

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
mimsey said:
My grandmother used to 'crochet' dropped stitches back up. insert a crochet-hook in the dropped stitch and then 'climb' it back up the fabric by using the link between the abutting stitches. I've used this method myself and found it very effective.
I was going to suggest a crochet hook. See if you can find the dropped stitch down the side of the work. When you find it, catch it with your hook and work it up row by row the best way you can. It is a little harder on the edge but it can be done.

·
Registered
32,101 Posts
I looked at the Knitting Daily blog jmcret05 provided, and it looks very good. One thing I might do is put a small safety pin in each end of the row loop that has to be picked up using a magnifying glass if the stitches are really small so you don't lose them all again. As you put the crochet hook into the stitch, just remove the pin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom