Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PaulaZ had some beautiful pictures of her chemo hats and I didn't want to post them on her thread so thought I'd try to post pictures of the ones I've been knitting and crocheting. Wish me luck!

I didn't know how to turn the pictures around, so my apologies for two of them being sideways. I was trying to get closer to the hats so you could see the different details on them.

All my hats have been knitted from one pattern and crocheted from one pattern and I've added the different types of ribbing and such to the bottoms, flowers on hats and one even has a bow! Hope you enjoy them, I know our cancer patients will!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've made my husband a couple of male type caps but didn't photograph them. Just didn't think about it, I guess. It's too hot for him to wear them now, but in a month or two, it should feel pretty good on a bald head -- or nearly bald. He's got a little bit of fuzz and in a month or so, maybe it'll actually look like very short hair. We both hope so. He's been wearing a baseball cap when he's outside so he doesn't get sunburned and we've been putting lotion for dry skin on his head and I've gotten him started on Biotin for skin and hair.

Several of the hats/caps I made could be worn by men but most were definitely female. The 4 in the front of the first picture could be worn by either.

And thank you, each of you, for your nice comments on my work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your hats are beautiful. I just learned how to knit last year using the round looms and I had never done crafts before. I lost my daughter to pancreatic cancer last year and I had made her several hats but they didn't look like these. I had put bands on them to keep them from unraveling. It took me three months to make my first one which was a baby hat. Is it possible to make hats like yours on a round loom? What type of yarn and size? I made over 65 of my kind , 40 to donate. I've just now completed one since my daughter passed. Thank you for sharing your beautiful hats.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom