Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a beautiful day here today. Love it, yes the traffic can get pretty scary at times. The store i went to about the patterns, was just wood working patterns and embroidery and sewing. Nice little store thou, she did tell me where a Jo Ann Store was, and wonder of all right across from a Walmart. I wasnt to impressed with the yarn selection thou, nothing grab my attention, didnt find anything in the scrapbooking department either, so went thru the magazines and picked up Love of Crochet, Holiday 2012, Special Issue. Lots of Christmas patterns, broomstick patterns, scrafs hats. Went on to Walmart and didnt find nothing in there either, just decided on as I was looking thru the material that I wanted to make Christmas curtains for my kitchen and they had no material that jumped out at me, so will try the Walmart when we get home. Almost time to get ready for the Dixis Stampede show.
Candy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Candy,

It sure can be disappointing when you go to a store with high hopes and they don't have much! Bummer!

Anyhow, my DH and I saw a pre-review of the new movie about Abraham Lincoln - it looks great. We will be going to see it for sure.

Take care,
Terry

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need to visit Nancy at the Smoky Mountain Spinnery in Gatlinburg. That to is wonderful. Sally

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and always wanted to go to the Dixie Stampede. Hope you had a wonderful time. Maybe I'll make it someday. Oh and I want to go to Unto These Hills at Cherokee.

Candy said:
It has been a beautiful day here today. Love it, yes the traffic can get pretty scary at times. The store i went to about the patterns, was just wood working patterns and embroidery and sewing. Nice little store thou, she did tell me where a Jo Ann Store was, and wonder of all right across from a Walmart. I wasnt to impressed with the yarn selection thou, nothing grab my attention, didnt find anything in the scrapbooking department either, so went thru the magazines and picked up Love of Crochet, Holiday 2012, Special Issue. Lots of Christmas patterns, broomstick patterns, scrafs hats. Went on to Walmart and didnt find nothing in there either, just decided on as I was looking thru the material that I wanted to make Christmas curtains for my kitchen and they had no material that jumped out at me, so will try the Walmart when we get home. Almost time to get ready for the Dixis Stampede show.
Candy

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never been in a JoAnn's store before is why I went to it, I drove down to Gatlinburg but way to much traffic for my comfort, I hadnt look up the spinnery store before going so I didnt know where it was, also I am pretty sure that store would have been way out of my price range and I love Walmart, each one is different
Sewbizgirl said:
Why wouldn't you go to the yarn store in Gatlinburg that people told you about? You will find lots of special things. Walmart is Walmart, and JoAnn's is JoAnn's, anywhere you go. I wouldn't waste my time on them while I'm on vacation. Same old, same old...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom