Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on this website. Have seen many beautiful patterns but have no idea what the site is/does. Can you download patterns? If so do you have to give a lot of personal information if you join? For example: where you live. If anyone has dealt with this website and would like to help it would be appreciated. I am not very up-to-date with things like this or face-book, twitter, or snapshot. Heavens! After reading this I guess I better check on my pet dinosaur. (yes, I feel that old) :sm02:

Thank you.

·
Registered
23,697 Posts
This is a group of friendly crafters. We do post links to different patterns (some free, some paid) that you can download if you wish. Questions are asked and questions are answered. Just follow through. Lots of super good information here

oooops...I was giving you feed back on our site. I think Pinterest is a mixed up mess, and when you see a pattern you never seem to be able to find a written one

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pinterest is a great site---not only can you search just about anything, but you can save it. It is organized into "boards." Imagine bulletin boards all over your house where you save different things---patterns, recipes, decorating...Join --- you'll love it.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I've found Pinterest to be very frustrating. From what I've seen, people post pictures of things they're interested in, anything from animals to Zentangle, crafts, recipes, etc.

Some of the posts include links to the source of the item, most don't.

I stopped using it because almost everything I was interested had no links to the source.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Pinterest is really for you, yourself to store pics of things you like when you see it somewhere on-line. Like say you are planning to build a house someday. You can make folders like: "Doors", "Windows", "Window coverings", "Countertop possibilites", etc. You can "pin" pictures and put them in their appropriate file for reviewing at a later time. Most of the time there is a link to get you back to it's source, esp. if filed from a website.

For knitting, you can make a "cast-ons" folder, "bind off" folder, "pretty shawls" folder, etc.

I didn't get Pinterest at first, but now after using it more, it makes perfect sense and is quite useful. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
What many people do not understand about Pinterest is that the boards are not created for the benefit of other. You put things on your boards that are of interest to you. I have several boards related to knitting and crocheting. I only "pin" items that has a pattern linked to it. It is your boards and you "pin" whatever you want. It is a good thing if others find your boards useful, but that is a side benefit. The boards were not set up for the benefit of others.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pinterest does not require any personal information to join. Nor do you receive any emails unless you choose to do so. Sometimes it may be a link to a pattern and sometimes it is only a picture of an idea someone spotted (pinned). Links are often at the lower edge of the pictures. You have to hover over some of the pictures (lower portion of the pictures) to see the link and then click on it to go to the site involved. Search engine is not the best. Some of the links are no longer valid as some of the "pinned" pictures/ideas have been there a long time. You can choose whether to follow someone's board ("bulletin board") or not. As previously mentioned, it is a place to set up your own board of ideas but you do not have to set up a board to use Pinterest and can choose to follow other's pinned items. You can go to the help site for more information. https://help.pinterest.com/en?source=question_mark

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Pinterest can be a wonderful source of inspiration, but at the same time frustrating sometimes the pins (links) lead to all the information you need other times to nothing hence the frustration

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
diamondbelle said:
I've found Pinterest to be very frustrating. From what I've seen, people post pictures of things they're interested in, anything from animals to Zentangle, crafts, recipes, etc.

Some of the posts include links to the source of the item, most don't.

I stopped using it because almost everything I was interested had no links to the source.
Same here. Then I kept getting a large black square blocking my screen trying to force me to put their app on my phone. No thanks. To me it's a hot mess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom