Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this as a kit through Craftsy back in July 2016 when it was on sale for $17.70. The design reminded me of an Indian blanket and I was taken by the simple design of just using knit and purl stitches. The kit came with 2 skeins of Cloudborn Fibers in merino superwash sock twist. The color was "Shaela Heather". Out of the two skiens, had 31.5 grams left over. Finished size was 70" by 33 1/2". Used blocking wires and Knitter's Pride Blocking Pins to block the shawl. Love the drape and feel, very light.

The pattern can be purchased through Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pisac

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ellie61knit said:
I've thought of purchasing that one when it went on sale. I have two skeins of that yarn in both the light pink and the fuschia. I may just buy the pattern and use the yarn that I have. Yours looks very beautiful and so evenly knit. I really like the texture and it will be a nice change from lace.
It is a very easy knit. I just needed to keep count of the stitches at the end of each pattern design.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
That is beautiful. I love simple designs. It is on craftsy for $20.00 + with the yarn and pattern. And you can pick the colors. Thanks for sharing. Is the shawl warm? I see that it is sock yarn.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
judyr said:
That is beautiful. I love simple designs. It is on craftsy for $20.00 + with the yarn and pattern. And you can pick the colors. Thanks for sharing. Is the shawl warm? I see that it is sock yarn.
It will be great as just a simple wrap if you are in an air-conditioned area. I knitted the larger size that will allow me to wrap it around my neck several times when it is colder and the wind is blowing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mopgenorth said:
Stunning! Looks to be a fun knit - was it?
Thanks....Yes it was and I loved seeing what each pattern design would look like. Wet blocking help set all the stitches in each panel. A very easy and mindless knitting project that you could easily listen to an audiobook with. I finish two titles.

·
Registered
161,429 Posts
Wonderful looking shawl.

And I must say, thank you so much for the pictures that show the design on the shawl. So many folks just take pictures of the way it drapes and don't show off the pattern. For me the pattern is very important. No, not trying to figure out the pattern, just like to see it!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom