Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to machine knitting, and I thought I'd try plating. i fitted the plating 'thing' to the fibber connecting 'bit' but needles from both beds get caught on the end of the plating attachment. I followed the diagram in the river book, but it still dent work. I have a Brother 900 and a 850 ribber.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Welcome to KP. I know nothing about machine knitting, but I did want you to know that even those who know nothing about your craft are happy that you decided to join us. You will, I am sure, have an answer to your query soon. MN

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome to kp.
Wondering about the needle retaining bars on both beds. If these are flat and not holding the needles down then you will have problems with needles getting caught on things. When you pull needles into working position (B position), the needles should lie flat againt the needle bed. If they are at all lifted, the sponge bar needs replacing. There is tons of info here on in many other places online for repairing sponge bars diy and suggestions of where to buy new bars.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you are using a ribber have you got the ribber plater in the ribber carriage that you add to the main bed or are you trying to use the main bed plater ? I use a Brother 891 but guessing the 950 will be similar.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I've not done plating on both beds (mine is the Brother 890 and 850 ribber) but when i first started out doing main bed plating, I kept putting the yarn that was supposed to be behind the main yarn slot, in front of the main yarn. Made a mess. Check the diagrams in your manual and see if you've got the wrong yarn in the wrong slot.

Marge

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Have you made sure you have adjusted the ribber to the main bed? If your adjustment is off, your knitting won't be right. Also make sure you have threaded the coupler (connector between ribber and main bed) correctly.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Once your machine is working well, you'll love the hobby. You'll always be able to get help at KP. There are a lot of experienced knitters here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom