Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started knitting the Fayette County sweater by Martha Wissing, free on Ravelry. I am starting row 11 and have arrived at the first two YO's in the previous row. The instructions say to: "purl into front of 1st YO, purl into back of 2nd YO, p1". Can someone "talk" me through the process? When I tried this, I purled into the front as normal...at that point, do I take that stitch off the needle, or do I then come in from behind and purl the 2nd YO before taking the stitches off the needle?
I know someone can help me...please?
Sue

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
I assume you're working 2 stitches into a double yarnover. I would do it like knit in front and back. Purl the first stitch in front, leave it on the needle, purl through the back, slip both stitches off the needle.

·
Read Only
1,641 Posts
Horsin'around said:
I have just started knitting the Fayette County sweater by Martha Wissing, free on Ravelry. I am starting row 11 and have arrived at the first two YO's in the previous row. The instructions say to: "purl into front of 1st YO, purl into back of 2nd YO, p1". Can someone "talk" me through the process? When I tried this, I purled into the front as normal...at that point, do I take that stitch off the needle, or do I then come in from behind and purl the 2nd YO before taking the stitches off the needle?
I know someone can help me...please?
Sue
I'm sorry, but the pattern is now a pay pattern, so I can't see it, but is it a top down, or bottom up? That may help
with any ideas.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
fergablu2 said:
I assume you're working 2 stitches into a double yarnover. I would do it like knit in front and back. Purl the first stitch in front, leave it on the needle, purl through the back, slip both stitches off the needle.
I would say that's it. Sorry we can't open the pattern but the first pass you must have wound the yarn twice to create a double yarn over. I did look at the picture and see that the pattern has a large hole which would be this stitch. Beautiful sweater, could you share a photo when you are finished?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom