Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Page 6:Body,Rounds 9& 10. Please translate K4,P5,(K5,P5) around to last stitch,K1. In ( )is for the larger size.
In the smaller size does this mean to knit 4,purl5,knit 1 around to end of circular needle?

This is from pattern book: Celebrity Slouchy Beanies. Very confusing.
Thank you all. Am enjoying the forum. Mostly invent my own patterns and can not get this to work no matter how I work the stitch pattern.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No, it means to start with k4, p5, then continue with k5+p5 repeats until the last stitch, which is a k1. Probably so you can do a seam with K stitches on both sides?
The parenthesis ( ) means you are to repeat what is in them as many times as the pattern says, or like this one, until the end where there is a different stitch (the k1) because that's all that's left on the row.
I assume this is for the edge, using ribbing so it fits properly and doesn't fall off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom