Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a basic neckwarmer. Pattern for increase is: 3-in-1 = knit 1 st, make yarn over, knit into the same st. For the life of me...can't figure it out. Thasnk you in advance.

·
Registered
20,453 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't know if this will help you see it, but here's my take on it... You put your needle into the next stitch on the left needle, and wrap your yarn around the needle as if to make a knit stitch. Pull through the stitch, but DO NOT slide the stitch off the left needle. Wrap the yarn completely around your right needle again to accomplish the yarn over, and then I swing around and knit into the back of the stitch, and slide all three loops off the left needle... I just tried it and it seems to work..

Hope this helps you envision it...

Nancy

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
I think you explained this great, but when you knit into the stitch again you I believe you knit into the front of the stitch not the back.

DragonWhoKnits said:
I don't know if this will help you see it, but here's my take on it... You put your needle into the next stitch on the left needle, and wrap your yarn around the needle as if to make a knit stitch. Pull through the stitch, but DO NOT slide the stitch off the left needle. Wrap the yarn completely around your right needle again to accomplish the yarn over, and then I swing around and knit into the back of the stitch, and slide all three loops off the left needle... I just tried it and it seems to work..

Hope this helps you envision it...

Nancy

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
You don't knit into the back of this stitch. Normally it's written as: (k1,yo,k1) in next stitch. This is meant to be a very open, large hole. The YO between the 2 k sts will keep them from merging into 1 st. It does work. I've done hundreds of them.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
The way you do the stitch is:

1) Make the 1st knit st.
2) Do not slide the old st off the left needle.
3) YO. The yarn will be in back ready to make the next st.
4) Insert the right needle into that same, old st.
5) Make the 2nd knit st.
6) Now slide the old st off the left needle.

You have increased 2 sts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm working on a basic neckwarmer. Pattern for increase is: 3-in-1 = knit 1 st, make yarn over, knit into the same st. For the life of me...can't figure it out. Thank you in advance.

I think it's usually written like this.

(k, p, k, all into the same stitch). It's the way you would do it if you were knitting the popcorn stitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom