Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I love it and for plain knitting, it needs no blocking or steaming. Pattern knitting always looks better after a touch of steam but for quality and smoothness, you can't beat Encore. It is worth the extra you have to pay for it but you get what you pay for. Quality.

Carol J.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
I made a big afghan for my son using Encore. I didn't do any blocking and it has since been washed and dried and it looks beautiful. I think Encore is a very good washable yarn that comes in loads of colors.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
kalebsgrandma-I use it all the time and I do, sometimes block it. Treat it as any acrylic yarn. Don't use heat. I pin it into shape, spray it with cold water, and let it dry pinned. It blocks well that way. Denise

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
kalebsgrandma-I use it all the time and I do, sometimes block it. Treat it as any acrylic yarn. Don't use heat. I pin it into shape, spray it with cold water, and let it dry pinned. It blocks well that way. Denise

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blocking it doesn't make quite as much a difference as it does with pure wool, but for me it makes enough of a difference to make it worth the effort.

I run my Plymouth Encore projects through the washing machine on cold/gentle cycle without detergent, pin it out, and then when it's almost dry I steam iron it. I actually touch the iron to the yarn lightly and briefly without any pressing cloth and it's worked for me every time--no melted plastic on my iron and the project still looks and feels great. I just did this to a blanket I made from Plymouth Encore for a friend's baby (Stacey Trock's Pastel Petals Afghan) and it made a significant, positive difference with the stitch definition and edgings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom