Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Very cute, love the colors too. Is there a pattern that you can share. I would love to make these as little pocket books for the grands and friends. The little girls would love them for this reason. I know they are slippers but they have other uses too, just not drink from..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great and what fun for them to carry with candy.

On the older ladies that like them I put in a pair of knee high hose and and a hanky. They like that.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Great ideas for the ladies. I know a few people who can not get out of their beds at all anymore. When in their wheel chair their feet get cold. Sad to say that although the attendents are kind they do not understand just how cold they get..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also made lots of these pocketbook slippers last year. Put them out in my Christmas Boutique. It was fun to watch young people pick them up and try to figure out what they were. Of course the older ladies knew already. One gentleman bought 7 pair for his 88 year old Mother & told me she loves them but hasn't found anyone who knew how to knit them. I also used up lots of very old buttons 0n them and they look very nice that way. This pattern has been around for many years. I first found the pattern in a 1950's Workbasket. Knit on People!

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Rowena said:
I knitted these last night for a 90 year Aunt she loves slippers of all colors.
oh my goodness my granny used to make me the same slippers. that made me smile, thank you for that :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom