Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We leave early tomorrow morning to fly to Sydney to pick up a P&O cruise to Vanuatu deserted islands. Just trying to escape the cold for 11 nights.

Just had to show you my completed 'Lovey' blanket with Polar Bear before I went though. I've made it for a yet to be born Great Nephew in London.

Beautiful pattern, as always, by Gypsycream. I just love how she did the bound circular blanket. Bear in Cotton blend (8ply or DK) from 'Ice Yarns' and blanket in acrylic yarn. Lovely pattern and I enjoyed making it.

Leanna x

Attachments

· Registered
2,178 Posts
Your teddy blanket is so cute, I love it. When you get to Vanuatu, try to go and see the Cascades in Port Vila. They were really pretty when we were there for 6 weeks 8 years ago. The nationals in Vanuatu are lovely people. Also remember when you are crossing the roads that they drive on the opposite to us here in Australia. I nearly got run over a few times because I got careless and forgot to look the right way!

· Registered
2,702 Posts
He is so cute and I love his little face. It tends to give me the impression of a baby when they're intent on solving a problem. I bet for as many of us that are looking at him, his expression is different to each of us. Great work.

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grammax8 said:
Beautiful work......well done. Have an enjoyable vacation.
Thank you, just trying to escape the long cold winter (for South Australia) so just a last minute, not expensive trip. Got a big one through the Panama in November from LA - can't wait!

Leanna x

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
justanoldgirl said:
Your teddy blanket is so cute, I love it. When you get to Vanuatu, try to go and see the Cascades in Port Vila. They were really pretty when we were there for 6 weeks 8 years ago. The nationals in Vanuatu are lovely people. Also remember when you are crossing the roads that they drive on the opposite to us here in Australia. I nearly got run over a few times because I got careless and forgot to look the right way!
Thank you and thanks for the help. Haven't booked any excursions as there isn't much to do on the islands. Have been there before but 32 years ago when the 'younger' activities would have appealed. Bit long in the tooth now, just looking for a break from child minding and escaping the winter.

Leanna x

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gypsycream said:
Oh wow Leanna, he's gorgeous!! He has a sweet but serious face lol!

Have a great trip and stay safe xx
Thank you Pat. Yes he is a bit serious but also gorgeous thanks to your wonderful designs and beautiful patterns!!!

Leanna x

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Viwstitcher said:
He is so cute and I love his little face. It tends to give me the impression of a baby when they're intent on solving a problem. I bet for as many of us that are looking at him, his expression is different to each of us. Great work.
Yes, these little creatures take on their own expressions and as Pat (Gypsycream) always says, 'they develop as you put them together'

Leanna x

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RosD said:
Absolutely gorgeous Leanna. Have a wonderful and safe trip. ???? Ros x
Thank you Ros. Hope to knit a bit and taking a couple of easier projects. One of my own designs so I don't have to refer to the pattern so much and a new pattern for a pinafore I've just purchased from OGE. It's the one with the lace pattern around the bottom - I think you may have done it but with a slightly different pattern. I think it's called 'Sun Dress' or similar. Be good to get out of the cold!!

Leanna x

· Registered
31,973 Posts
leannab said:
Thank you Ros. Hope to knit a bit and taking a couple of easier projects. One of my own designs so I don't have to refer to the pattern so much and a new pattern for a pinafore I've just purchased from OGE. It's the one with the lace pattern around the bottom - I think you may have done it but with a slightly different pattern. I think it's called 'Sun Dress' or similar. Be good to get out of the cold!!

Leanna x
Yes I did the original pattern first, it's gorgeous and then did some with a different stitch pattern. I love that little dress. I'm looking forward to seeing your new projects. Enjoy the sunshine on your trip ???? Ros x

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom