Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the cuddle blankets I took to Tehran for my youngest nephew, he is only 3 months old and totally adorable and loved sucking on his cuddly blanket :sm02:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
Awe, Pat, this one is adorable. Bet it becomes his favorite and Mom will have a hard time getting it away from him to wash it. This really is a great pattern and there are so many characters to choose from in the one pattern. I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,013 Posts
lafranciskar said:
Awe, Pat, this one is adorable. Bet it becomes his favorite and Mom will have a hard time getting it away from him to wash it. This really is a great pattern and there are so many characters to choose from in the one pattern. I love it.
Have you ever thought of making 2 identical buddies? Then one can be washed [or lost, or left at nursery] without a meltdown at bed time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grandma G. said:
Have you ever thought of making 2 identical buddies? Then one can be washed [or lost, or left at nursery] without a meltdown at bed time?
Good idea, I should have done that as I had two the same colours for the polar bears :sm03:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crochetnknit said:
What yarn did you use? I can't imagine sucking on yarn...don't the babies get a mouthful of fabric and fuzz?
I used Lily's Sugar and Cream which is 100% cotton, perfectly good to chew on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,232 Posts
Gypsycream said:
I used Lily's Sugar and Cream which is 100% cotton, perfectly good to chew on.
I've got a picture of my grand -niece chewing on a dishcloth I made of this yarn .
... her grandmother (SIL) had them in a lower drawer in the kitchen and she loved them.... blankies for her stuffed animals, etc.
She'd sometimes take one with her when she went down for a nap at their house.
So easy to wash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
knit4ES said:
I've got a picture of my grand -niece chewing on a dishcloth I made of this yarn .
... her grandmother (SIL) had them in a lower drawer in the kitchen and she loved them.... blankies for her stuffed animals, etc.
She'd sometimes take one with her when she went down for a nap at their house.
So easy to wash.
How lovely :sm01: Little ones love something soft to chew on don't they? That's why I recommend these blankets are knitted in cotton.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lafranciskar said:
I was just going to mention cotton yarn. It's like them chewing on a washcloth.
It was you who put me onto Lily's Sugar and Cream Karen, great that it's now available in the UK :sm02:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,975 Posts
Gypsycream said:
This is one of the cuddle blankets I took to Tehran for my youngest nephew, he is only 3 months old and totally adorable and loved sucking on his cuddly blanket :sm02:
I love this pattern Pat and I think the Polar Bear is top in my favourites list at the moment. I think that yarn is perfect for new babies up to 99years. My Mum is 89 so has a way to go. I don't think she sucks hers though; even though she has no teeth. Lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blackat99 said:
Lovely Polar Bear Cuddle blanket, Pat! Love the colours you have used for the blanket! ????
Thank you Letitia, I thought it looked like icy water :sm01:
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom