Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
I made a blanket for my DIL's new nephew with Joann Sensations baby pompom yarn...knitted with garter stitch on US#2 needles. Came out great and has held up well through machine washings. Check my posts for pictures and suggestions for finishing.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have knitted scarves, beanies etc with this yarn. I would recommend casting on with ordinary yarn and then switching to the pompom and knitting in between the pompoms. You can cast on with it, but it is a little difficult to keep it looking good - I read one hint regarding that which just said don't worry about how the cast on looks. By knitting in btween the loops you can choose to keep all the pompoms on one side of your knitting or let them go on either side. When knitting in the round for a beanie, I kept them all on one side, but when knitting a scarf I let them go on either side. The main thing is to be consistent.

I love knitting with this yarn, but it may be a bit hard on arthritic hands. The result though is a lovely soft piece of knitting.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
The video you link to is for a pattern where there is a lot of tying knots, and I'm not sure you would be able to do that if your hands are bad, as the knots have to be pulled quite tight.
If you watch part 3,
this will show you what's involved.

You can buy some yarn with ready made PomPoms, and you work this with 2 stitches between each pompom on the yarn.
This would be an easier option for you

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BobzMum said:
The video you link to is for a pattern where there is a lot of tying knots, and I'm not sure you would be able to do that if your hands are bad, as the knots have to be pulled quite tight.
If you watch part 3,
this will show you what's involved.

You can buy some yarn with ready made PomPoms, and you work this with 2 stitches between each pompom on the yarn.
This would be an easier option for you
I used that wool for scarf once thx.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I have arthritic hands and have been able to use,almost anything except pompom yarn. It was too difficult to knit. I tried to crochet with the yarn but that was even worse. It puts too much strain on the joints. I gave the yarn to salvation army for their thrift store.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rosemarya said:
I have found that if If I run warm water over my hands before I begin to knit or crochet, it gets the circulation going and makes it easier to begin. Good luck and hugs to you!
I was having problems but from last year having more . Age is 35 and health bad fyboromalgia is bad control all body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom