Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have only knitted one and put it together with buttons. I love the look of ponchos but didn't realize how much bigger you look if you're fluffy. Will continue to wear mine anyway since my dog has a sweater to match.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I prefer the ones with buttons, so easier off and on and not over the head. So yes it is one piece just not sewn together in front. There are several free patterns on Ravelry.
Type in poncho, buttons in the search field with free selected on the left.

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
The one I made I crocheted with a cowl type collar and I made it with Red Heart Super Saver yarn in soft white. Of course with crochet, it is in one piece. It is very warm and I wear it more than I do my coat in the winter. I have another crochet pattern picked out and decided to make it in a burgundy color. I bought the yarn over a year ago, but haven't gotten around to making it yet. I am currently working on baby items for a baby that is due in December. Maybe I can get going on the poncho after we get back from our vacation in November. The new pattern is a V-neck and has toggle buttons on the front. I am not a shawl person, but I do love ponchos. The ponchos actually came back into popularity before I retired in 2009. I had a couple of people ask me at work if I had any patterns for them. Besides the one I made, I also purchased a couple of very light weight ponchos to wear when the weather is a little warmer and both of those were purchased before I retired. Maybe the ponchos are here to stay.

·
Registered
42,303 Posts
I don't think wearing ponchos have ever gone away. I have made both one piece and in two pieces. As much as I dislike sewing I actually liked the one in two pieces better.

Enjoy making your poncho with what ever pattern you choose.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top Bottom