Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Susan,

I made tons of then for my church bazaar.

I bought elastic bands and then just crochet around them.
Used up alot of scrap yarn.
The girls mostly liked the fun fur ones.
Good luck
Linda

·
Registered
463 Posts
yes, good idea Granny, and just be creative and make your own cool designs

thanks for sharing

Granny said:
Hi Susan,

I made tons of then for my church bazaar.

I bought elastic bands and then just crochet around them.
Used up alot of scrap yarn.
The girls mostly liked the fun fur ones.
Good luck
Linda

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'm new here and find it amazing that one can get help so quickly. I will check out the sites you found. I am technologically challenged; but hope to improve. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Sue,
Once you get started, you won't believe how creative you can get.

Thread beads onto the yarn before you start to crochet. Then just slip one into a stitch here and there.
Bells annoy parents and teachers..go for it!
I made lots with the loop stitch. Where you pull a longer loop before you sc. Sort of poodle looking. Mix and match yarns and colors.The fun fur was a hit. But it all depends on the ages of the girls.

Enjoy this fun project.
Linda

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Susan,
Sadly, no.
I haven't a clue how to get a pix from my camera onto the computer. Bet my 6 yr old grandson could.

I am so techno challenged.

Hope you make a ton of pony holders.

Linda

·
Registered
761 Posts
My name is Lisa & I crochet ponytail holder for my two neices. I take the larger size bands & single crochet all around to cover the band & then I do 3 double crochet in each single crochet & on some of them I add anothe band of single crochet to the edge in another color. This is also really pretty in verigated yarns.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Lisa,
I will definitely give these a try. I'm sure my 5 and 7 year old grand daughters will thank you, too.
Sue

Do you find a particular weight yarn works better than another? What about crochet hook size?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the ponytail helps. I've tried a few and even varied one a bit. I also tried using sock yarn and got a nice effect....a bit more delicate. Am now looking for something glitsy to try. You all got me going. Thanks.
Sue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom