Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She tends to get severe irritations on her girly parts, mostly because she's overweight, so I had to come up with something to keep her from aggrevating it after I put medication on. I just had to spend $100+ on Sparkle for some blood work, so I didn't want to invest in a real doggy cone. I took a sock and stuffed it with fiberfill. It's loose enough that it doesn't choke and hopefully it will keep her away from that area. Poor baby... not happy at all. Wouldn't even pose for the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Great idea! Also change food. Go with a food appropriate for her age. And less of it. I own a kennel of manchester terriers. As my girls get older their food brand stays the same but a little less and lower in calories. I feed lamb and rice. Has she been spayed? Get a food that has no corn and no wheat. Lamb 1st, rice and good stuff. Wheat and soy makes for vaginal infections. Ok? Take good care of her.

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've cut down on her food intake and make sure she doesn't get corn or wheat products...to the best of my ability anyway. 2 different vets have said the same thing... her body structure in that area is a little abnormal, plus the weight and both contribute to the problem. I must say, she has lost a little weight. She hops up on the scale at Weight Watchers and she has been 9.2 lbs for a long, long time but last week, she weighed 9!! Progress!!
gundrum said:
Great idea! Also change food. Go with a food appropriate for her age. And less of it. I own a kennel of manchester terriers. As my girls get older their food brand stays the same but a little less and lower in calories. I feed lamb and rice. Has she been spayed? Get a food that has no corn and no wheat. Lamb 1st, rice and good stuff. Wheat and soy makes for vaginal infections. Ok? Take good care of her.

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the offer. I already have one of those plastic ones, but thought this would be more comfortable and seems to be doing the job. Got the idea from an inflable one I saw online.
EqLady said:
I still have my recently-departed Rusty's cone I could send you, but it looks like you have it covered!

·
Registered
31,556 Posts
The stuffed tube looks like a good idea - - would you keep us up-to-date on how it's working ???

I hope little Ginger feels better fast !!!

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She's already tried to reach the area, but she had a hard time with it, so maybe it'll work. I just to keep her off it until the irritation subsides a bit
KroSha said:
The stuffed tube looks like a good idea - - would you keep us up-to-date on how it's working ???

I hope little Ginger feels better fast !!!

·
Registered
32,093 Posts
That is such an indignant look on Ginger's pretty little face. Until she doesn't need medication, would it help to put cotton panties on her in between her walks to relieve herself?

MzBarnz said:
She tends to get severe irritations on her girly parts, mostly because she's overweight, so I had to come up with something to keep her from aggrevating it after I put medication on. I just had to spend $100+ on Sparkle for some blood work, so I didn't want to invest in a real doggy cone. I took a sock and stuffed it with fiberfill. It's loose enough that it doesn't choke and hopefully it will keep her away from that area. Poor baby... not happy at all. Wouldn't even pose for the camera.

·
Registered
31,556 Posts
MzBarnz said:
talk about a pitiful little face...
Awww, she just looks SOOOOO depressed !!!!!

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Your solution looks very good. When my mother's dog had to wear a cone device, we saw an entirely new personality. He was always very timid, but he hated the cone and would run into the large maple tree in the yard trying to get rid of it. He broke 2 of them.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Awwww Ginger, be brave and stop sulking like a teenager and you'll feel as right as rain again soon. And Sparkle, don't lose your sparkle little girl. I hope your tests come back soon and are all clear.
Hey Donna, you really are a clever lady. Im still in awe of your Munchkin. Any joy on your pattern search for a Border Collie yet?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom