Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pork and Ginger Dumplings ~ Makes 50 pieces
Ready in under 30 minutes

If dumplings seem like something best bought in the frozen aisle, maybe you haven't given them a shot at home.
Wonton wrappers folded around spiced pork can be quickly fried or steamed.

Ingredients
1/2 pound ground pork
1 inch piece ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup finely minced onion
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 ounce package wonton wrappers

Directions
Place pork in a medium bowl. Peel ginger then finely mince and add to pork. Finely mince garlic and add to bowl along with minced onion, soy sauce, egg white, salt, pepper and cayenne. Use hands to mix until seasoning is evenly distributed.
Working with 6-8 wonton wrappers at a time, place a teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of the wrapper. Using your finger, moisten the edges of each wrapper with water and folder over sealing to form a triangle. Moisten the tips of the triangle and bring tips together to form a purse. Repeat using all pork mixture. Cover made dumplings with a moist paper towel until finished forming dumplings. At this point the dumplings can be fried in a couple of inches of vegetable for 3-4 minutes. Or they can be steamed in a bamboo steamer for 8-10 minutes.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
katrapp said:
Oh boy, YUMM!!! I just love these things. I make my own sauce for them.
Do share your sauce recipe ...

Registered
Rafiki, I make a sauce for my dumplings using apricot preserves, soy sauce and a little minced garlic. Very tasty. ShayFaye

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shayfaye said:
Rafiki, I make a sauce for my dumplings using apricot preserves, soy sauce and a little minced garlic. Very tasty. ShayFaye
Sounds really good - thank you for sharing - you have given me another idea ~ mango preserves with the soy sauce and garlic would be pretty awesome too ... Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom