Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
That is a great idea. Something else I do for Christmas time that helps with scraps is for our unfortunate furry friends at the pounds and shelters. I knit little pouches and stuff them with catnip. then tie little pieces of yarn around them. It takes such a little bit of yarn and no time at all to make. For the dogs I try and knit a few rugs. Usually I wait for Johann's 50% off coupons and get cones of cotton. I also use the scraps from wash/dish cloths. They are thick enough to prevent the cold from the cement floors making little paws cold. They are also washable. You can actually use about any yarn. And they don't even care is you have a different color every row. lol I think it helps make their little lives a bit more pleasant in an unpleasant situation. Especially the abused animals. This isn't a challenge, just passing on something I like to do.

· Registered
181 Posts
what a terrible experience. A few years ago I joined with a group of knitters in Boise Idaho and we knit almost 1,000 wool helmet liners for the soldiers fighting over seas. I thought that was a wonderful idea. Kind of my way to say thanks.

· Registered
181 Posts
I sent the helmit liners to a lady in Boise. it has been about 5 years ago. since I sent them I have not heard from her again. the liners were very specific. she emailed me the pattern and I had to use a particular brand of wool. sorry I couldn't be of more help. maybe contacting your local v.a. or a recruiter would help. they may be able to put you in contact with someone that knows more than I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom