Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
89,273 Posts
Personally I think there are too darn (insert expletive of choice) many sections in this new forum.
I believe there are actually a few fewer than before April 11, 2022, though there do seem to be too many for me.

· Super Moderator
89,273 Posts
There is a lot of that with this new forum. Seems like posters should be the ones who decide where they want their posts to be. But algorithms do not care about community.
It’s not algorithms moving topics around. It’s usually in response to a report made by a KP member who thinks it’s misplaced. Once reported, either a moderator or (rarely) Admin decides if the topic warrants moving or not.
Sometimes, it gets moved before anyone reports it, because a moderator thought it belonged elsewhere.

Personally, I don’t remember closing down any topic … yet.

· Super Moderator
89,273 Posts
All rather strange to say the least.
I've often seen on General Chit Chat book recommendations, but none have then appeared later on Book Club.
If I see a book recommendation on general chit chat I usually add a note about book club etc. As indeed to other Book Club members.
My understanding is that only Admin can move topics from one place to another on KP. ??? I once posted in the wrong place and I received a note from Admin to say it had been moved.
Yes, on original version of KP, only Admin could move topics. Now, moderators also can.

· Super Moderator
89,273 Posts
Well, because people use algorithms, too, it is selective. Apparently, seeing books in the post means that it gets moved to a topic on books.

Understandable if you want to limit reader participation but not necessary except to please those who feel the need to accommodate their OCD need to categorize.
I cannot control those who report. I don’t always agree with them though, so don’t always move topics as wished.

· Super Moderator
89,273 Posts
It sounds like we need to have a long discussion about sections, moderating and the site in general. I'll try and get some type of town hall discussion going before the end of the year.

-Mike
Thank you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top Bottom