Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Native American Heritage Day
Bridgewater State College----Kelly Gym
34 Park Ave
Bridgewater,Mass
Doors open at 11 am till 6pm --Sunday,November 18,2012
cost is $5.00 per adult and kids are free
All is welcome

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
If I were in the north I'd be there. I love going to powwow. I especially love looking at the beautifully hand beaded garments. I was lucky to be at a heritage days festival and one of the Ojibwa women invited me to sit with her and she showed me how she was adding beads to a vest she was making for her grandson. So much love goes into each stitch. She would only put 3 beads on her needle at a time and said once complete there would be over 12000 beads and the vest would weigh about 30 pounds. Gives a new appreciation for those who wear and dance in these beautifully hand created items.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wish we could've been there!!! Used to go to Mashpee and Providence powwows, plus the Nipmuc powwow at "the lake" :)

Now stuck 'way up in the Maine woods without a working vehicle..but still dancing to the Drum in spirit!! :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom