Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is ironic that we were discussing how yarn can kill your pet if ingested. I have never had my animals bother my yarn until now. I have no idea what it was he ate as I cannot find anything that matches the yarn we found in some of his stool and some he spit up. Not even sure it was my yarn or something he found at the neighbors. We just know it was yarn and now he seems to be bound up. I cannot afford a vet bill and do not want to lose Teddy just after losing Brandy, our peek-a-poo.
Teddy is a 5 yr old Bichon and a sweety. I have given him mineral oil and pray that it works to loosen his bowel. Please pray with me.
He is not allowed to roam but occasionally if I am busy doing something he will wander to the neighbors and always finds something to eat.
Any idea will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I know you just said you cant afford a vet's bill, but I would think that is what your doggie needs.

Talk to your vet and see if he will let you pay the account off.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Prayers and positve thoughts for Teddy. You might call the vet and ask if he could suggest something that might help. Sometimes they will, especially if you tell him you just can't afford any extra bills right now. It is worth a try.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are no pet mobiles around here that I have ever seen or heard of. The vets all require money at time of service. I had asked to pay them on time when my other dog needed surgery months before we lost her. Fortunately my son was able to give us the money that time. When I say we can't afford it I mean it literally. All we have is SS and have a house payment and all that entails. I will try to find the money somewhere if he gets worse. He had a small BM this morning but is still listless. I am hoping the mineral oil will help. I know he should go to the vet but the vets here and in the next town are in it for the money. Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a little pekingese dog once that swallowed gravel in our driveway and the Vet gave us a tube of lubricant that you give cats when they have furballs. He was stopped up with rocks and in severe pain, and it worked.
I think you can get that at walmart or any pet store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom