Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 12:05AM & I'm sitting in the ER at our hospital with my DH. He is very dizzy, BP very high, vomiting, passed out twice before the ambulance arrived. They are running tests & he is all wired up to monitors & IVs. Could be heart (he has had a heart attack , has COPD, & cardiomyopothy (sp?)), might just be the flue, hope to know soon. My iPad is helping pass the time & keeping me from worrying too much. My best friend was here but I sent her home at midnight. Thanks for listening. Prayers are needed & I am a strong believer in the power of prayer.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
I'm sending all kinds of healing thoughts and energy your way.... After all, you joined KP on my birthday and I'm originally from MI, where I see you also live sometime!!! We have to stick together and pull DH through this......
First of all, he is in professional hands now.... They don't always do the best job of letting you know what they are doing..... but they are working the problem. I think they can determine pretty quickly if there is heart involvement, so that has probably been ruled out..... Just having oxygen is going to help relieve his COPD and that will help him not panic. Blood pressure is making him dizzy.... Why it is so high is the problem, but they'll get it figured out.... IF he has the flu, he couldn't be in a better place... An IV will get him hydrated and they can give him something to stop the nausea...... These darned DH's just love to scare us to pieces.....

Seriously, glad you have your i-Pad. Hou know you can always find a shoulder to lean on here, 24/7.. (It is also a good stress reliever to take a couple of walks up and down the hall... They can see you if they need to and it will help get rid of some of that pent up anxiety.....

Please keep us posted... Hope all is well and he is resting comfortably very soon.... you too...... Hugs((()))

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
Here's hoping everything turns out okay. Such a worry and a stressor to go through. Dreamweaver is correct---he's where he needs to be to help his situation. Glad you have the iPad to keep you company....and prayers heading your way.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I was in your shoes,last June,another KPer asked for prayers for my husband and the response was heartwarming. He was given less than a 10% chance to live, but with all the prayers he pulled through. His doctor said he did not know how he pulled through, but I do it was the prayers for sure. They have been there for my new granddaughter who has been in the NICU for the last five weeks. I will never forget and they will never know how much their prayers and and their encouragment have ment to me. I will pray for your husband and be sure to take care of yourself.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi I have just been through the same thing with my dear hubby. I will say a prayer for both of you. My hubby had to have a third stint put in on Friday and yesterday, a pacemaker. We live close to one of the best hospitals in the country (Mass General) and so far he is doing well and we hope he will be released from the hospital today. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom