Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Boye Large Long Loom and have been experimenting with it. I just started a Prayer Shawl Ministry at my church and several people do not feel that they can knit or crochet so I thought if I could teach them how to use the looms, that might be a good seaway.

What I discovered so far through looking at a YouTube video or 2 is that the general e wrap is always on the 2nd pin from your starting point but then that 1st pin gets wrapped in the next line.

So I would like to find some patterns that maybe wrap 2 skip 1 etc, however, the problem I see is that 1st peg not getting wrapped.

Now - that was probably as clear as mud.

I just want to find the most simplistic but functional patterns for shawls lets say 24 by 60 ish.

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
On most flat panel patterns when doing the ewrap or even the regular knit or purl stitch they do skip the first peg - but you don't have to. I like the edging though when you skip the first one. Try googling "loom knitting shawl free patterns" and there are some easy, nice ones out there - I printed out some a while back but don't remember the sites. I haven't tried one yet working on another afghan and scarfs for presents. Not sure if that answered your question. Good Luck and Happy Looming.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom