Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had a AVM(brain bleed) may 2012.we were in hospital then rehab for 8 months. Outpatient for 3 months. Was recovering April 2013 had another bleed was doing fine but infection took hold and lost abilities he worked so hard to get back. Went back to rehab and started seizures went back to hospital and lost everything and more but we trudge on. I his mother struggle everyday watching him and am angry he has lost his teenage years also can't stand that everyone is going on with their lives while yet again we are in hospital/rehab.
I am blessed with a strong son which tries hard everyday to recover.

He wasn't doing good emotionally and a new patient came in. I told him look at all you have that girl is 16 and for 3 months can't move and only thing she can do is blink for yes or no. It really puts in perspective that someone is always worse off then you.

I pray everyday he will recover and get on with his life. Remember you are truly blessed to have your health. I'm in a rehab hospital full of children who struggle everyday

Thanks for letting me vent

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
yes, prayers are with you ~
sadly, we never appreciate what we have it seems - and awful to think that we only realize it when we see someone else who has less, whether health, money, job, etc.
You are such a strong woman - many others would have given in. I don't see you as venting, but as reaching out for those of us as friends, who can support you and encourage you and keep you in prayer for healing and comfort.
Do you know the song, "What if .........." ~
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise?

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All along You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?
And what if trials of this life

Read more: Laura Story - Blessings Lyrics | MetroLyrics

God bless,
hugs and prayers ~

Read more: Laura Story - Blessings Lyrics | MetroLyrics
[http://www.metrolyrics.com/blessings-lyrics-laura-story.html]

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would dearly like to put my arms around you ,and let you know that i feel your pain.We as parents feel so helpless when our children suffer.Never mind what age they are.
I keep knitting something really simple and with every stitch / row i pray.
Now i'll include you and your son as well.God bless you.💝 Ose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom