Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
pokey said:
I am looking for some simple or easy patterns to do up some premmie hats with stash. Someone got any or a good site I can go to? Pokey
Preemie hat patterns can be found at: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/preemies.html

If you need a place to donate to, my niece is doing a community project for school.

What I've been doing is casting on 42 stitches, working with two different size needles (condo knitting) I do a knit 2, purl 2 rib stitch all the way up. I then knit 2 together, purl 2. I leave the top open, but make a chain cord in crochet as a draw string so the nurses can run IV tubing. The result is a very stretchy hat that is also soft.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm using a size 7 and a 10, I have interchangeable needles, so I have a 7 on one end and a 10 on the other. Depending on the stretch of the yarn, I determine what size baby it will fit and make the height to that measurement. I have a collection of baby dolls that I use to determine the size. I usually only do one decrease row, but if it looks too big, I do another of knit 2, knit 2 together. One of my nephews was a preemie and he had tubes in his head. Since preemies come in all sizes all of them are useable. Even the ones that look too small end up being used to present the preemies that don't make it to the parents and they can keep the hat as a momento.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Good morning! I have mentioned the Newborns in Need site before in regards to a question like this. Go to their website and you will directed to patterns and also places to contribute finished items. They need things all the time. Thanks for posting. Happy Needling! jb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom