Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem, and am wondering if there is a way to solve it, We don't always know the person's real name/or user name,,,,,we have them listed under user names, but then it they send you a message or PM or they are in a swap using their real name,,,,,,it it virtually impossible to find them and respond, For example, I am sending a box to a gal for a swap,,,, I have her real name, but no user name, Her home town is not listed. I want her to know to watch for it, because I have very poor mailing service from my7 state anywhere, I am putting a tracking number on it,,,but how do I tell her if all I have is her first and last name? So, I say goodbye to the package and HOPE it gets there,,,,Is there a way we can list real names and user names when we sign up for these events, or even on the User List, can there be a column made for real names and user names? Help me out here,,,,please

· Registered
2,708 Posts
If you have her real name, then you probably got a PM from her or an email. You could try to look for one of those.

· Registered
494 Posts
I am with you! The person I sent to did not list their screen name so I cannot tell them the box is on its way! I just hope they tell me when they get it! I bet the people in charge of the swap can help us!

· Registered
42,303 Posts
I have never done a swap, but how are you sending a package without a street address or the city and state they live in, or do these swaps go to one main place and then they are distributed.

SDKATE57 said:
I have a problem, and am wondering if there is a way to solve it, We don't always know the person's real name/or user name,,,,,we have them listed under user names, but then it they send you a message or PM or they are in a swap using their real name,,,,,,it it virtually impossible to find them and respond, For example, I am sending a box to a gal for a swap,,,, I have her real name, but no user name, Her home town is not listed. I want her to know to watch for it, because I have very poor mailing service from my7 state anywhere, I am putting a tracking number on it,,,but how do I tell her if all I have is her first and last name? So, I say goodbye to the package and HOPE it gets there,,,,Is there a way we can list real names and user names when we sign up for these events, or even on the User List, can there be a column made for real names and user names? Help me out here,,,,please

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, sorry to confuse you, ON the User List, there is just listed a user name, a city, (if they want it listed) and other information, but no address or real name,,,check it out above, You get the other information from the coordinator when she/he send you out who your swap is for,,,,,,

We need to figure a way to have real name, user name at least on that list,,,,it makes it way too confusing,

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The information comes from the coordinator of the swap, She ONLY has the infor that we give her,,,,,so if I only went by SDKATE57 --- she might not have Cathy Jacobson or the other way around,,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom