Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
ginitrexler said:
I kept reseaching the problem and I found my answer on Ravelry. A wonderful woman shared how she changed the pattern to make it work. Thank you for your help.
Was she the designer? Is the pattern really messed up? I have thought of making the shawl but now, not so much. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried for a month to fix this. I have ripped it out many times and kept going to different sites to see if I was nuts. I was thrilled that someone took the time to share the pattern correction. Crafters are a very special breed of people.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
ginitrexler said:
I have tried for a month to fix this. I have ripped it out many times and kept going to different sites to see if I was nuts. I was thrilled that someone took the time to share the pattern correction. Crafters are a very special breed of people.
Yes crafters are special, but I can't figure out why designers publish patterns that have mistakes. Don't they have someone try out the pattern first and then someone proofread the directions? I had trouble with a pattern and the designer said that she had been meaning to fix the directions online but hadn't gotten around to it yet. It was one line. How long could it take? I wonder how much time other people wasted trying to make that pattern come out right. Bless people like Liza and you who will share their corrections. Thank you again. :)

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Please enlighten me.
I don't see where there is an actual problem with the original pattern.
lizacorrea's "correction" is actually just her/him adding additional stitch markers. Perhaps to keep better track of the stitches?
Plus lizacorrea's comments on Ravelry is dated 5/06.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lizacorrea/kates-shawl

I have looked at the Red Heart site and the pattern.
Pattern seems correct, there is a corrected version there; but also corrected on the original download.
The correction is highlighted in this download corrected version:
http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2707_corr.pdf

No I have not done this shawl yet, but it is on my to-do list for the near future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom