Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased two skeins of Lang Mille Colori Socks and Lace for a shawl. This was a splurge since the yarn was over $20 each. I love the colors and the feel of the yarn and was happily knitting along when the dreaded knot appears. Since it was for a shawl and this is long color repeats I had to rip back to the first of the row or the different color would stick out like a sore thumb. Anyway, got started again and a few rows later ANOTHER knot. Definitely not happy now. There ended up being 3 knots in the first skein and 4 in the second!! I started having to unwind enough yarn for each row before I did it so I could check for knots. (I hadn't wound this since it was in a ball and could be used with no problem.) I have contacted the company and we will see if they respond. Just wanted to warn everyone---it is gorgeous yarn and I love the way it knits but it is full of knots!!!

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
There really shouldn't be so many knots to deal with, I would email the manufacturer, usually you can find this info simply by googling the name of the yarn, tell them the problem. Sometimes you get replacement yarn.

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Oh, I feel your pain. That's a bugger when it is striped yarn. I just had two such knots in one ball and had to waste quite a bit to get to the right color. However, mine was Red Heart Boutique changes, so it was not expensive at all. I would contact the company. This is too expensive to waste yarn like this because of knots.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I am using this yarn and they change all the time.. I'm not sure why you would waste any??? I have one more skein to finish.. I'm wondering where the problem was since every yard or so the yarn changes and it appears to be knotted at every change... or glued.. strange yarn for sure but it does look nice knitted up... I also found is kinda expensive.. at least for Red Heart.. LOL What are you knitting with yours? I am doing the endless circle vest.. its coming along but quite a boring knit... I'll be glad when its done... :)

AmyKnits said:
Oh, I feel your pain. That's a bugger when it is striped yarn. I just had two such knots in one ball and had to waste quite a bit to get to the right color. However, mine was Red Heart Boutique changes, so it was not expensive at all. I would contact the company. This is too expensive to waste yarn like this because of knots.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Noro also has knots that dramatically change the color sequence and flow. It really shouldn't happen with these expensive yarns, but it does. Only action to take is to stop buying these pricey yarns or find one that doesn't have knots.

Elllie

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The company contacted me and apologized. They asked if I wanted to return it or if I had finished my project (I had) and asked for my mailing address so we will see. I will let you know what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom